Picasso 96 3.12 and BVisionPPC issues

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

i installed from the scratch AmigaOS 3.9 boingbag 1&2 and BPPCfix/BPPCfixfix successfully, then i tried to installa Picasso96 3.12 i purchased some time ago but i get corrupted fonts and pointer on the screen, both on RTG screen and AGA ones.

I attached a snapshot to explain better.

The board works OK, AmigaOS 4.1 displays flawlessly.

What is the problem?

• if i lower resolution the fonts displays ok but windows dragging makes a mess on the screen and there is still the pointer issue (both in low-red and high-red pointer mode).

It looks like the problem is related to interlaced video modes.

• i forgot to download the upgrades of Picasso96 after i registered it, AFAIK i had a couple of more downloads before expiring, is there any way to wodnload the last update released before my license expired? My order is is 103848

• Check your e-Mail. This is a huge exception - normally you're responsible for your own downloads and backups. Please consider supporting P96 development by renewing your update period. As V3.3.2 came out in August 2022, this is in your paid update period. The current one is V3.3.3, actually adding a new feature.

• So far: Yes, this is the first report of problems with BVision.

it's so strange because it works without problems with AmigaOS 4.1, i didn't test CGX.

Anyway there is no change after installing Picasso 96 version 3.3.2, the pointer issue stays with no change.

I made some more tests and noticed that with the same resolution there is a different behavior depending on depth. If i choose 800x600 32bit fonts are broken, if i chose 24bit fonts are fixed, but with 16bit they mess again.

With higher resolution the problem is the same always.

• This sounds very much like a hardware problem. BVision cards and Cybervision cards have been equipped with two different types of memory, which cannot be auto-detected. Please try using this tooltype in the monitor icon:

MEMORYTYPE=Old

Colorfonts are a whole different thing, need to be checked separately. For now, I'm awaiting your feedback on the tooltype.

Jens

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.