Recommended SID settings to achieve pseudo-stereo effect (like in SIDFX module).

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,
    I would like to achieve that nice, pleasant pseudo-stereo effect, that I can hear when I play any game / .sid file thru built-in SIDFX module (there are two different SIDs installed in that module).
    Is that possible wiht Chameleon's audio output in cartridge mode?
    I tried to mess with SID Type options (Emulation Settings), but whatever I set I can only hear standard mono sound thru Chameleon's audio output...
    Anyone could help?

• But, I can choose two different SID types and play them as mono.
    It should give that pseudo-stereo effect as in SIDFX, shuldn't it?

• You'll have to find out what exactly SIDFX is doing to achive an "effect" - to my knowledge, "pseudo-stereo" is not a widely-used term, let alone one with an accepted definition of what's behind it technology-wise. If you can clear that first, we can take a closer look, but this doesn't mean we're promising to implement it. It's pure curiosity on my side.

Jens

• Tobias,
    ok, but besides "Stereo at $..." options in "SID Emulation" settings also available is "Mono" setting.
    What is it for if not for double mono?
    Is this setting only for one SID (first)?
    Below I have also "SID Real Stereo Chip" options to set, whatever it means.
    And below I can choose two different types of SID.
    This all is really unclear to me. :(

• Jens,
    I am not able to clear out what exactly pseudo-stereo is, I think Tobias is right.
    Two differemt SIDs can play simultanously, I think one in Left channel and the other in Right channel.
    It creates that plaesant sense of deep, like-stereo effect.

ok, but besides "Stereo at $..." options in "SID Emulation" settings also available is "Mono" setting.

What is it for if not for double mono?

Is this setting only for one SID (first)?

Below I have also "SID Real Stereo Chip" options to set, whatever it means.

Please have a look at the manual. The chameleon can re-route the mapping of the real SIDs in the C64. For this to work it has to know to what address the real SIDs are mapped to - this is the "real seconds sid" setting. The other setting is to setup where the emulated sid will be mapped. Except for the "type of sid 1" setting, it all refers to the second SID (only)

• Ok,
    now it is clear, so sadly there is no possibility to have pseudo-stereo effect on Chameleon cart.
    Thanks for all replies.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.