MK3 HDMI/VGA Mounting Solutions

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any innovative ways of mounting the VGA/HDMI connector into the expansion port at the rear of the A1200? A single nut and bolt is "ok" but not ideal as it has a habit of moving around.

Cheers, Mark

• A single nut and bolt is "ok" but not ideal as it has a habit of moving around.

It actually does NOT have a habit of moving around, as any rotation is inhibited by the board pressing against the lower shield of the A1200. The mechanical solution is actually very stiff and required a few iterations during development. The board may appear simple, but I've put quite some time onto this mechanical solution.

If your board is able to move, there's something wrong. Please note that the manual clearly says to install the shield. Without it, you neither have stable operation, nor does our CE declaration apply.

Jens

• Hi Jens,

My board is installed per the instructions against the lower shield - per the iComp instructions. However, there is a gap of 1-2mm between my shield and the board itself, dissimilar to your own photos, which I think gives just enough movement over time to loosen the bolt and cause a little movement. While old, the shield is not bent nor is it fitted incorrectly into the case.

Commodores manufacturing tolerances I guess - who knows, but the shield is very slightly smaller.

Not to worry - I am sure Ill find a neat solution so that I don't need to keep removing the FDD to tighten up the bolt. Its a rare occurrence anyway - just a casual question and not in anyway a reflection on your design.

As always, thanks for the prompt reply,

Mark

• You can easily find the printing 3D project over Internet, Mark. I won't give you a direct link because I don't want to break any forum rules but if you use words 3d prints mk3 amiga indivision in google search, you'll find what you want ;)

• I am having the same problem with the MK3 hdmi board. I use it in a A1200.net case. I use the one screw with the nut to screw it to the pinthrough hole of the case but the hdmi board rotates. At the beginning is stable but after a while the screw/nut relaxes and rotates

Is there any other solution?

Any 3D mounting bracket where the board will be screwed on the bracket but the bracket is long enough to be screwd to the back 2 surface holes plus the pinthrough hole?

• I use the one screw with the nut to screw it to the pinthrough hole of the case but the hdmi board rotates.

This indicates that you don't have the lower shield installed. Please change that: The shield doesn't only have RF tasks, but also an electrical task of providing an improved ground return. The HDMI adapter board of Indivisino AGA MK3 merely adds the mechanical task of "keep it from rotating".

Jens

• Hi Jens,

I don't have the bottom shield because it is impossible to find it. I did put the IO shield although

My amiga 1200 is new using a reamiga board and a new case.

I don't think someone manufactures those bottom shield with extention to IO shield

• It's sheet metal - it's not like there's no manufacturer for stuff like this any more. Granted, you need to have the tooling made, but again, the shield serves RF and DC electrical purposes. The A1200 may happen to look like it's working according to spec, but you don't actually have an A1200 unless you have built it to the same spec that Commodore developed back in the days. The shield wasn't there for no reason - Commodore was *very* good at cost-reducing!

Jens