ACA-1233n Clockport

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi!

The wiki states that the Clockport on the ACA-1233n: "can either take an RTC module, or the RapidRoad USB host controller"

Although the statement is super clear, I still want to verify: Might other clock-port devices work(not meaning supported)?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of adding a A314(_if_ if fits)

IF technically compatible with other clock port devices(via extension cable or not), could the speed increase of the ACA-1233n clockport over the original(motherboard) clockport(+55% for the RapidRoad) be available available for other devices?

• nizce

Changed the title of the thread from “ACA-1233n Lockport” to “ACA-1233n Clockport”.
  • The speed increase comes from using a different chip select signal, resulting in a different address to be used by the drivers. So technically, the card would ahve to support the higher speed, but the drivers would also have to have a code path to look for the card at that spot in memory.

You'll have to talk to the vendor of the product you want to connect there.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.