Maybe I'm missing something...

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I received my card and before getting it into the 2000, I read all the instructions. I didn't leave jumpers on where they were not supposed to be, etc...

I don't need the DOM since, I'm not using it to boot the machine.

I had to google the name of the device. buddhascsi.device ...had a hardtime finding it.

The issue. The card sees all the the drives I attach to it. It will even read the config off the drives. CF, IDE machanical. Didn't try a CD-ROM drive yet.

I proceed to partition the drive, save the configuration and reboot.

No drives are waiting to be formatted. I'm I missing a step that is unique to this card?

Is the firmware the latest greatest when it's shipped?

I am using a Amiga 2000 with a PiStorm. Amiga OS 3.2.1

I've changed the IDE cable different IDE drive, same behavior.

Help please.

• No special treatment, no additional step should be required.

So you did save the configuration to drives using HDToolBox with buddhascsi.device.

Are the drives shown when using the 'info' command?

• Note that HDToolbox will only work properly if the drive(s) are 4G or lower in capacity. Anything higher, and you'll have trouble - that's why we include the DOM, which helps you format and install a drive, no matter what size. Using HDToolbox and alternative file systems is a pain on the Amiga, but it's required for modern storage that is larger than 4Gig. The large number of steps gives a disproportionate opportunity for human error, which is why we've automated the process.

That doesn't mean it's impossible - you can find numerous tutorials on the internet that will work with the Buddha. Please understand that this level of support can't be provided for a low-cost product like the Buddha.

• No special treatment, no additional step should be required.

So you did save the configuration to drives using HDToolBox with buddhascsi.device.

Are the drives shown when using the 'info' command?

When I type info... I doesn't show up.

• My first few rounds with the Buddah didn't get me the results I expected. I put 3.5 years in at GVP Tech Support back in the day, working on SCSI and IDE devices as one of my main focuses, and the 'modern' process on Buddah left me scratching my head.

My eventual method was: Disconnect power or data cables from all other non-floppy devices so they are not 'present' in the system at boot time. Put the DOM in where it wants to be, connect your target IDE drive to the other connector. Follow the instructions again, and the drive could be found and partitioned. Once you have it set up, re-introduce the other drives.

Former GVP Tech Support 1989-93, GuruROM Maker/Supporter (as personal time allows)

• There is no specific 'process' for the Buddha controller.

Our installer is just an option to get past the 4GiB barrier and to install the OS with a few clicks, which gets you started even with older OS versions and today's bigger media. The basic premise is the same as with any other controller for the Amiga.

It's entirely possible that something has escaped my attention when testing with an A2000 and A3000, and I absolutely wouldn't claim that my depth of testing can match that of GVP back in their day.

• One of the things we didn't have back in the day was an alternative FS to FastFileSystem. In a sense, it was all about using FFS instead of OFS (the native floppy FS) from the get-go back then. I think it was even Gerard Bucas (President/Fmr C= VP prior) that hashed out the pre-1.3 RDB+FFS that GVP used in 1987, and C= ended up tweaking the idea for the HDToolBox/A2091/A590 boot block (the A2090a used a boot block, but OFS in the ROM, until 2.0 and the discontinued the A2090/a.)

One of the things we never had in FastPrep/ExpertPrep is picking alternative file systems. Having a Buddah now, I have a better feel for what is involved. I have the source for Fast/ExpertPrep, but have had no time to add the things that it needs. Maybe one day.

I wish I recall more of what I tried and failed to do with the Buddah when I first tried to prep a disk/media on it. I'd pass it along. I didn't think to seek out support then as I knew I would figure it out eventually - and did.

Former GVP Tech Support 1989-93, GuruROM Maker/Supporter (as personal time allows)