1080p50 settings on Indivision MK3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I am using a 1080p monitor which I am 100% that supports 50hz. Unfortunately this is not advertised in EDID.

What are the correct manual setting please?

Thanks!

• Sorry, this is impossible to say without more knowledge about your monitor. The easiest way would be to take an existing 1080p mode and reduce pixel clock to get to 50Hz vertical frequency.

• Hi Timm,

I followed the tutorial but I am stuck because there is no 1920 x 1080 50hz preset. I am using version 1.11 of the software. What am I missing please?

https://imgur.com/a/9lAsQ3y

Thanks

• Never mind, had to flash it first :)

Now works great!

Two things I need help:)

1. How do I enable scanlines?

2. Hope to I fix clock/phase? Horizontal distribution needs fixing.

Thanks!

• Scanlines intensity can be adjusted with the "Darken" slider in the Test/Adjust window.

It might be possible to get better results by carefully changing the Pixel clock settings in small steps and testing each, but I'm not sure if this is a sound advice.

• Hmm, I tested scanlines and they look very bad due to uneven vertical distribution. Also the picture is very wide, can I set it to 4:3 inside the 1920*1080p image frame (with black columns on the side)?

Thanks for your help!

• This sounds like you didn't adjust the display width to 960 and height to 540, as suggested in the tutorial. See screenshot there.

This would give you an extactly integral scaling factor of 2, and super crisp pixels and scanlines too.

This would also explain your alleged "clock/phase" problem.

• @InsertDiskTwo :

may I hijack the thread and ask you if your monitor supports the "VSYNC" mode and if yes, what brand/model it is ? :)

I'm hunting for one. Otherwise one has to enable double buffering to get a tear-free display (which is still very good, just with 20 more ms of latency).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.