Flashfloppy OSD - Indivision ECS V3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I purchased a GoEx (Gotek) Drive w/Pill Edition for my Amiga 500 w/ ACA500Plus. I wanted to utilize flashfloppy on screen display (OSD) with keyboard control. Per Flash floppy OSD instructions, I need to solder wires for both the CSync signal and one of the RGB ferrite beads.

I just realized that now that I am using an Indivision ECS V3 scaler, one or both of these signals may not apply to the scaler output. Could you please confirm if this is the case and where I can obtain these signals on the Indivision?

I’ve included the links to the Goex product and Flashfloppy OSD below. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

https://github.com/keirf/flash…sd/wiki/Amiga-Connections

• Thanks Jens,

I appreciate your quick reply! That’s unfortunate as using a gotek with the Amiga 500 is very nostalgic for me. I find myself waiting for disks to load rather than use WHDLoad. Nostalgia is a quirky thing.

Controlling the gotek from the keyboard and OSD would be really awesome. Is there any way Flashfloppy OSD can be made to work with the Indivision?

I apologize for posting the link as I didn’t realize that they sold illegitimate power supplies. Thanks!

• Is there any way Flashfloppy OSD can be made to work with the Indivision?

It would only make sense if we give Indivision ECS V4 (or some other random future product name) a serial interface for MCU-based products to output something on screen. We have an OSD already, so that may be an extension we could make. Not a promise, though - just thinking out loud.

I apologize for posting the link as I didn’t realize that they sold illegitimate power supplies.

Too many Shops do. They attach a 5-pin square DIN connector and call it "Amiga compatible", where the whole thing is unsuitable for an Amiga by the mere specs of the PSU chassis that has been chosen in the first place (mostly MeanWell). Read our PSU FAQ if you want to know more.

As for links to other shops: I generally delete them, as there are legal implications that come with allowing such links. I just don't want to deal with those.

• Thanks! I’m happy to hear that you are even considering Flashfloppy OSD in the next ECS iteration. Having a floppy drive is so instrumental with an Amiga 500, so this would be great to have. With all these adf’s I know it’s only a matter of time before this rotary selector starts to have issues. Using the keyboard is the best long term option.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.