Error when attempting to buy Indivision AGA

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I've tried to purchase a unit for another A1200 I have, but when I add it to my basket I get this error message: -

You have already reached the limit of 1 for "Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200/A4000T".

I have purchased one before, but that was over a year ago. Is it the case that I really can only buy one ever?!

Thanks.

• I just tested now. And I could only add 1 AGA MK3 to the basket. If I tried to add 2 or more it would give me that message "You have already reached the limit of 1 for "Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200/A4000T" .I have not bought any of these before. I have bought 2x ECS V3s and one ECS V2 though.

So it looks like only 1 of these per person. Unless something is wrong with the webshop

• Jens said a while ago that only 1 can be bought per person because he is afraid there won't be enough for Christmas. Hopefully you can buy again afterwards.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• Correct - all Indivision models are currently limited to one per person and model. The limit may be lifted a few days before Xmas, but it'll stay in place at least for the next week.

• That's disappointing. I was hoping to be able to complete a build over the Christmas holiday.

Maybe better that someone who doesn't have one gets a chance at getting one this christmas? And you can get another one a little bit later?

Imagine you sitting there with two or more AGA MK3s and someone else, not as fortunate as you, sitting there, crying under the christmas tree with zero AGA MK3s.

• Maybe better that someone who doesn't have one gets a chance at getting one this christmas? And you can get another one a little bit later?

Imagine you sitting there with two or more AGA MK3s and someone else, not as fortunate as you, sitting there, crying under the christmas tree with zero AGA MK3s.

It's reasonable that these items are distributed fairly, but last time I checked I am allowed to express my feelings about the matter. I've bought a *lot* of new-build Amiga hardware in the past couple of years to support ongoing development (IComp products, Icedrake, ZZ9000 with audio, TF1260, TF330, Checkmate cases and more).

I'll look again around Christmas.

• I can understand that this may sound unfair, especially for long-term supporters. However, my goal is not only to make new hardware and keep it available, but also to keep it affordable. There have been scalpers who buy up the last stock and offer it for insane markups on eBay. Happened with the first (black, 2008) Indivision, the MK2 and MK2cr (red versions) multiple times when stock ran out, and I don't want it to happen again for the MK3.

We can ship express, so if you're in the western part of the planet, it should arrive before the end of the year if we still have stock next week. Not unlikely - I can see that there have been lots of scalping attempts (blocked orders for multiple units), and a reasonable number of sales for this product. Reasonable enough to believe that the availability gap will either be small or non-existent.

• By all means if MarkT is in desperate need of another AGA MK3 before christmas, and if it was possible to "lend out my '1 unit AGA MK3 possible purchase' over to MarkT it would be fine by me. I will not buy an AGA MK3 this year anyway. As long as I got my 'purchase slot/slots' back later this year/next year and that it didn't affect my total amount of how many AGA MK3s I could buy in the future and would instead count to MarkT 's total amount he can buy in the future, that would work for me.

So in other words, the only thing that would affect me was the fact that I couldn't order one before christmas. But it would not count as a purchase for me in the future.

• Unfortunately, it's not that easy to transfer things like this in the old shop system. It would make things extremely complicated, taking out the elegance of the currently-working solution.

• I have now increased the allowed number of Indivision to two per customer and model. Any scalper won't be able to ship before Xmas, so there's no point in keeping legit customers from buying a second unit.

If you see any scalping attempt, please make a screen shot of the warranty ID if it's visible.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.