Disabling scaler on Indivision ECS v2/v3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • The NEC MultiSync and LaCie LCD monitors that I am using have Faroudja DCDi scalers (Faroudja scalers are or at least used to be the "gold standard"). These provide an extremely good scaled picture using the Indivision ECS v1 as well A2320/A3000. The scaler on the monitors has the advantage of knowing the geometry of the monitor (and may perform subpixel scaling / similar to how MS ClearType works)

Is there a way to disable the scaler on the Indivision ECS v2/v3? I don't know if the Indivision ECS v1 always outputs the same resolution regardless of input, but the image of the v1 on these monitors is superior (even when disregarding ghosting with the v2)

Is there a way to set get the Indivision ECS v2/v3 to behave more like the v1?

I think the scaler on the v2/v3 is great when used with low end monitors, but with high end monitors I prefer to use the built in scalers.

• The config tool has a few pre-sets that disable the scaler. In a nutshell, you set an output screen mode that uses a whole-number multiple of the input pixels. Please see Wiki for details.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.