ACA 1233n-55 and ACATool

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Those numbers do exist, and they belong to 55MHz cards.

You cannot deduce anything from the character combinations - they're almost random. They only make sense with your database, where the number is connected to the product, pictures and sales/service history.

• Well you wouldn't believe it but the deal w/fpu 55 from Poland fell through. I have recovered however and bought an untouched 55 from Amibay. It arrived this morning and has an RTC module with it. I've run ACATool and it registers successfully as a 1233n-55. It's warranty no. is: 9T4FA and now has a new home here in Tasmania.

• 9T4FA went through our QC on November 26th, 2019. It was delivered with the voltage regulator patch for the 55MHz oscillator: We've found that power supply ripple is especially bad for these 55.555MHz oscillators, and a separate voltage reg down from 12V to 5V especially for the oscillator can improve stability, even with a bad power supply.

This has led to the decision to only use 3.3V oscillators for the ACA1234: That rail is locally regulated anyway, and therefore is less prone to power supply problems.

• Thanks for the information. It's interesting that the voltage regulation played such a large part in the ACA line of Accelerators development. I ran the 55 card with a modern 50W psu I bought recently and it was rock solid.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.