Can't access the main menu.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Bought the MK2 back in July. Took awhile to find all chips needed, but I'm all set now. Fired up the board and the proper lights come on. I got it to connect remotely and it says "press any key", but I can't get into the setup menu. I've tried different cables and deleted the driver on my PC and started from scratch with no luck.

• I'm using Windows 10. I looked for a handshake or rts/cts setting or anything obvious in the port settings of the device manager and in the settings within Tera Term. Am I not looking in the right area? I made sure to use Tera Term and follow instructions exactly the same as the Wiki to avoid any issues. I even tried a different keyboard.

• Every terminal program allows you to select (no) handshaking in the serial properties. I doubt that TeraTerm is any different.

Windows hardware settings is the wrong spot. It's within the TeraTerm configuration. If you can't find it, please consult the program's manual.

• OK.... you must be talking about "flow control". It is set to none already. Like I said, I followed the instructions to a "T" in the Wiki. Every photo shown in the Wiki matches exactly what I have. I'm using the same terminal. I even tried Putty, found the "rts/cts" settings in there and turned it off and got the same results. I even acquired another MK2 from Ebay and it behaves the same way. I even moved the USB plug from a 3.1 to a USB 2.0 connection.

• I even acquired another MK2 from Ebay and it behaves the same way.

That indicates that it either has the exact same defect, or something else is wrong with your installation. Do you have a chance to try a different host computer, at least a different host OS?

• That was going to be my next step. I have a laptop but it is running Windows 10 too. But at least it's another PC to try. I'll pick it up and give it a try when I get home.

• I have never tried if the Prolific drivers are good under Win10. Just to be sure, please see if you can boot a Linux live CD if your laptop also fails. This is starting to get really weird.

• Bingo! Works great on my laptop. Now you know the Prolific drivers are good. The only thing I can figure with my desktop not working is maybe because I have the USB loaded pretty heavily. A couple large hubs that have a bit of everything.on them. I'll try unplugging everything over the weekend to see if that helps.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.