RAPIDROAD USB

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • My rapid road clock port cable got damaged;(, where can i buy a replacement <Xor what type is the cable, i need one longer anyway thanks!:S

Also can the A512 run the rapidroad on a A500 Rev5 Version2? Can the A512 run rapidroad at all? or only a RTC module?

• The RR cable MUST NOT be any longer than the one included - this is required to ensure signal quality. I know that one reseller offers longer cables, but those are "use at your own risk" modifications. The clock port interface is really delicate, requires a short cable and the added ground cable to be mounted.

I'll see if I can snap a picture and put these cables into the shop as spare parts.

The clock port on the A512 is really only for the RTC module; there is nothing else that works on that port. Besides, the Poseidon USB stack requries a 68020 (or higher) processor and more memory than the average A500 has. Adding that requries the ACA500plus and an A1200 accelerator attached to that. The ACA500plus has a clock port on it's own where you can connect the RR.

Jens

P.S: Product added to the shop: https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en…uct/clock-port-cable.html

• Hi,

I just installed an X-Surf 100 with RapidRoad into my A4000, and judging from the errors in Trident, it appears the RapidRoad module might be faulty?

My A4000 has the Super Buster 11, and all other hardware in my system is working fine (including a BigRAMPlus).

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm a beta tester for 3.1.4, so while I have 3.1 in hardware ROMs, I'm running a beta Kickstart via the A4000's MapROM function, and of course the latest Workbench.

Any advice as to what I should check or do would be much appreciated!

[Blocked Image: http://www.gregdonner.org/transfer/RapidRoad1.jpg]

• The manual asks a very simple question that's not answered here: Is the LED on?

Since I don't have access to the current Betas, I would like to see if it works on a plain 3.1 install. At this point, you have introduced quite a few variables that each can be the cause.

Jens

• Jens,

OK, thanks! I'll check for the LED tonight, and report back.

I will also check with others on the 3.1.4 team (who have both the X-Surf 100 and Rapid Road) for things I may need to check/try.

Greg

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.