C64r mk2 with low contrast

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • "The deal" is with my wife and family: No work during holidays. Luckily, the unit arrived at customs on Friday, and I have picked it up Friday morning. Soo.. technically, it wasn't holidays yet :-)

• I need a warranty ID, or you need to wait until it's been worked on. I refuse to go searching for things that can be identified easier. It's just disrupting my plans of the working day.

• nTYhY

If that's what you looking for.

But to be honest it's ridiculous. I have added a full printed A4 sheet with the board, everything as its expected in your guide. Asking for a warranty I'd from a high horse is not helping. You have the package for a month now and not even have clue about it.

• what is the expected time for checking / fixing, please?

No timeframe - I currently have Proto#5/RC1 of the ACA1240/1260 on the desk, and that takes up all my attention. I don't want to promise anything that I can't keep in the end.

• No timeframe - I currently have Proto#5/RC1 of the ACA1240/1260 on the desk, and that takes up all my attention. I don't want to promise anything that I can't keep in the end.

Sorry to say, but this is getting ridiculous. The board is sitting on your desk for like a month now and you not even took a look on it. Really bad costumer experience. I would express my rights for a full refund as a buyer in the EU. Please return my chips together with the full purchase price and the price of the shipping the board to you, roughly 30EUR. You can find all my contacts on the paper I sent together with the board.

Your rights when shopping in the EU - Your Europe (europa.eu)

• If it had even reached my desk, it would indeed be ridiculous.

It was checked by an employee, and got the note "no fault, picture quality normal". So what this is waiting for is me taking the time to try a faster output transistor. A free service that I have offered, not accepting a legal obligation - and certainly not covered in the EU law you're citing.

Continue arguing on a legal basis, and the business relationship ends. You wouldn't be the first person on that black list.

• Jens, please see my point. I have bought something 3 months ago that I wasn't able to enjoy at all, due to its not working properly. And since I had another reloaded mk2 board before, I know for sure that the picture should not look like that. It was an older model from before the warranty tags introduced if that helps.

Legal question or not, but I would expect a better support from you as the producer. Especially for the price these boards cost.

Do you think I have high expectations?

• It was an older model from before the warranty tags introduced if that helps.

Then it surely was not a C64 Reloaded MK2, and not a MK1 either, because we've introduced the Warranty ID tags way before that.

Do you think I have high expectations?

Maybe I'm expecting too much from humanity. Everyone should know by now that iComp is a money sink - I'm pouring private money into the company to be able to pay salaries. It's my hobby, and hobbies are expensive at times. The one thing you don't want to hear when executing your hobby is "you MUST do XY" - especially from someone who is not paying for a special service, someone who is not even a direct contractor with no legal lever whatsoever.

So "please see my point" - I've been working without a salary (in fact, negative salary) for well over two years now, so there is only one guidance for my schedule: One thing after another, and things that let me pay salaries are treated with priority. I do keep timeslots for special cases like this; usually in the evening or early morning before family gets up.

So what I'm merely expecting is to take communication to a level where we both say "that was pleasant". Whenever anyone is approaching me with a lawyer, it's over, you can't be a customer, and that'll be for a lifetime. If you believe that I'm not im compliance with a law, approach me in a friendly manner, and we'll find out if I need to change something.

• Sorry to hear that the business is not going well, Jens. Sadly it will probably not change in the upcoming 2-3 years they say.

Would really appreciate to take a look at my board, I would really like to have it back and enjoy it finally. For me it's hard to believe that an unmodified 35 year old board can create a better picture than a newly produced and engineered one, so I'm really hoping for a check and a fix from an expert.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.