ACA 1233n - Problems Booting after Acatools Speed Change

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello all! I am very new to the Amiga, so I apologize if any of this is obvious. I have an Amiga 1200 with Workbench 3.2.1 and Kickstart 3.2.1 roms. Today, I went to lower the speed of my ACA1233n from 40mhz to (I think) 13mhz, but when I rebooted the computer, it hangs on the Amiga DOS screen and won't boot to workbench. If I remove the card, it boots fine, but as soon as I install it, it just hangs... I can still move the mouse around, but I can't do anything else.

Thanks for reading, and again, sorry if this is a newbie question!

• The ACA1233n does not store the speed, so after a power cycle, it will run at 40MHz again. The ACAtool will save the settings only in the "startup-sequence" file - that's a batch file that is executed on every startup. If the slower speed (most likely 26MHz, as 13MHz is not an option of the 40MHz card) is really the culprit, then removing the first line of the startup-sequence will help.

The file "startup-sequence" is located in the subdirectory "s" and it's a plain text file. You can edit it with any text editor like the "ed" command that every WB installation offers. I suggest to launch the system without startup-sequence: Hold down both mouse buttons when powering up, and choose "boot without startup sequence" in the early startup menu. You'll end up in a shell window where you can either run the ACAtool and make changes, or you can start a text editor, whatever you're more comfortable with.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.