Second HD On The Buddha Using HDTOOLBOX

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This works great! However pay attention if you have a Buddha Plus One that it is now only buddha.device

(not buddhascsi.device)

• I HAVE TRYED MULTIABLE TREADS TO CONFIGURE HDTOOLBOX BUT WITH NO LUCK ,IF YOU CAN TELL ME AS TO HOW IT IS DONE IT WOULD BE GREAT.

I'M RUNNING A AMIGA 2000 030 2.0 ROM WORKBENCH 38.36 HAVE GOT COMPAQ FLASH CARD INSTALLED SIZE 1GIG 1 PARTITION AND A

HARD DRIVE 500 MB WESTEREN DIGITAL 2 PARTITIONS AND THE BUDDA INSTALL MODULE

WHEN I RUN INSTALL BUDDHA IT SEES ALL DRIVES BUT DOSEN'T ALLOW ME TO CONFIGURE THE MACHINE THE WAY I WANT IT.

UNDER HDTOOLS INFORMATION

SETTINGS ARE

LANGUAGE= local

MODE=auto

RDBLOW=0

RDBSPACE=256

DEVICE=buddhascsi.device ALSO TRYED DEVICE=budda.device it only finds compaq flash card nothing else 2nd finds hard drive 3rd finds mod

MAXLUN=9

MAXPIC=7

MAXID=9

• I have made changes you suggested still nothing the only thing is my board has compaq flash and has drive in centre and DOM is in the right hand side but would that have any effect to the program seeing the drives

and compaq flash card

• Tobias please separate into a new thread.

Creig Eckersley please understand that we don't do support for HDToolbox-based installation, as our installation DOM takes care of all partitioning and 64-bit file system. Also, is that really just a 500M harddrive?

Jens

• You cannot influence the partitioning in our installer. It always chooses to make a smaller boot partition, and a "work" partition that uses the rest of the available space.

If you want to deviate from this, it's an expert's thing. It's all documented in the readme files on the DOM of the Buddha Plus One, but you do need some knowledge anout the Amiga and how to use the HDToolbox.

The Buddha card is a low-cost product. We can't possibly make support on a level where we explain how to use an Amiga. Instead, we've made it easy to get started with a config that will get you up and running within minutes. As you have confirmed, this is working.

Jens

• DEVICE=buddhascsi.device ALSO TRYED DEVICE=budda.device
    it only finds compaq flash card nothing else 2nd finds hard drive 3rd finds mod

In case it has escaped anybody's attention:

The device names for the individual ports can be found in the README file.

It's buddha.device, 2nd.buddha.device, 3rd.buddha.device.

You can specifiy the device name with HDToolBox in the command line, for example. We do not provide step-by-step guides for installations with HDToolBox. But you can certainly use HDToolBox with basic Amiga knowledge and documentation.

You certainly better use a version of HDToolBox which is capable of devices bigger then 4GB if you happen to use a device which is bigger than 4GB! Up to and including OS3.1 HDToolBox does not know how to deal with that, so be careful! Also be careful with HDToolBox replacements from Aminet, which might be even worse. We provided our own installer so that Buddha users can set up a system without knowledge about all these peculiarities!

What we did here is that the Buddha+1 controller provides several instances of "buddha.device" for the CF card and IDE ports, so that they can be enabled/disabled and configured individually. We could not continue using the device name "buddhascsi.device" (as in older versions of the Buddha controller), due to name length limitations imposed by AmigaOS. This was a technical necessity, not to annoy anybody. :-)

Regarding bootblock, rootblock, mootpoint... the Buddha controller is completely according to standards, but of course we are using a 64bit-aware device interface, and our installer can provide PFS3, which has no 4GiB partition size or offset limit. If you insist on using tools from the Quarterback Tools era, this might give very misleading and confusing results, and destroy your data. Of course we cannot endorse that.