Cartridge Settings / Using the built in Cartridge slots

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Just got my Turbo Chameleon V2 this week. And it works great. But as a new user there is a lot to learn.

I dont understand how this cartridge function works. When i select for exemple the final cartridge 3 and i put it in slot 1-4 just to test it. Then in the main menu you can select 1-4 for a cartridge to start. I see the red led that someting is happening but then it just craches.

Same for the KCS Power and lots/most of the others just dont work.

Only thing that i get to work is the Action Replay v5 in slot one for pal and 2 for ntsc.

I must be doing something wrong?

I did download the KCS Power Cartridge/Action Replay/Final Cartridge/Super Snapshot 5 and when i load them with the file browser they just work perfect. Do i need to upload this somehow in the Chameleon and even after power down, he can keep this in memory?

I'm using a real C64.

• The option in the menu only selects the "hardware" - you still have to load a ROM into the respective slot.

And yes, you can either load the ROMs at startup, or flash them permanently - see manual :)

• Thx, i got it to work :thumbup:.

The only reason to usa a cartridge at this moment is to make a snapshot of a game. Is there an easyer way to do this. Because when i want to save/snapshot for example Maniac Mansion or Zak Mc Kracken cartridge version. This wil not work.

Is there an option when you lunch a game and use the menu button that you can make a snapshot of the game you are playing?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.