trouble inserting aca1234

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi iComp,

I have a hopefully simple problem. I can't for the life of me get my new ACA1234 into the slot. I align the port, there's virtually no room at the back of the card to push. I have now opened the case and loosened the mob screw near the port to maybe make it easier but no luck. I am reluctant to push hard and have no space anyway to place my fingers.

I had an 8mb mem card in there so it should be possible. Can you help?

• Hi iComp,

I have a hopefully simple problem. I can't for the life of me get my new ACA1234 into the slot. I align the port, there's virtually no room at the back of the card to push. I have now opened the case and loosened the mob screw near the port to maybe make it easier but no luck. I am reluctant to push hard and have no space anyway to place my fingers.

I had an 8mb mem card in there so it should be possible. Can you help?

forgot to mention, it’s a 1d4 board. The connectors were cleaned when it was recapped last year. It’s a Commodore a1200 so no AT or new version. Hope this helps.

• You might have one of those rare boards that don't have the edge chamfered. Can you take a close-up picture? Please use the "macro" setting of your camera if it has one.

The connectors are quite a bit better than what you might have had prior to any iComp product. We make our own connectors where each pin has a guaranteed connecting force of 15 grams. With 150 contacts, this adds up, but it shouldn't take too much force if you start on one corner.

• I am happy to say I did manage to get it in and it’s working fine. Just took more force than I expected or was comfortable applying. Have installed workbench and applied maprom and all is good. Thanks for your swift reply.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.