Tuning pixel/phase clock on monitor for Minimig core to get best results.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Little tip. You want to tune pixel and phase clocks for the Amiga core to get the best results. Download ECS V2/V3 config tool (it will run without having the hardware) and open 'test/adjust'. Tune pixelclock until you no longer have vertical bars showing in the pattern background and you see a perfect pattern. Then adjust phaseclock until you get the sharpest picture possible. Then you can adjust H/V position until centeted. This pattern can also be seen in the blue whdload startup window when you run games/demos.

This must be done in the default PAL/NTSC :High Res non interlaced mode. Do not auto adjust screen after this. Many other cores uses the same resolution and if you auto adjust you will have to tune pixel/phase manually again.

• turrican9

Changed the title of the thread from “Tuning pixel/phase clock on monitor for Minimig core for best results.” to “Tuning pixel/phase clock on monitor for Minimig core to get best results.”.
  • Also, this was done in the regular scandoubled mode of the minimig core. In this case my BenQ BL702As and BL912 uses 720x576 for PAL (640x480 for NTSC). If you swtich the minimig core to 15KHz my screens would switch to 576i for PAL or 480i for NTSC. 15KHz would also get the best results if tuning pixel/phase clocks like in the above examples. Getting rid of those vertical bars in the pattern and adjusting phaseclock for a sharper image.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.