Lyra 3 not working and amiga keybords

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • hello

The lyra3 will not work with an A2000 and A4000 keyboard.

the jumper is closed.

a pc keyboard does work ps2 connector does not work with usb adapter

when you turn on the amiga you see the capslock go on for a short time.

if worbench is loaded then you can't do anything anymore.

tried a1200 1D4 with different power supplies

• The lyra3 will not work with an A2000 and A4000 keyboard.

the jumper is closed.

Only the A1200 versions support Amiga-keyboard pass-through. The BigBox version of Lyra3 use the jumper pins to *output* a signal. This is only useful for tower conversions where Lyra is put *inside* of the case and the additional signal can be routed with an extra wire.

a pc keyboard does work ps2 connector does not work with usb adapter

The USB adapter is a "dumb" thing that expects the keyboard to support the PS2 protocol. Make sure that your keyboard does that. Has the adapter been delivered *with* the keyboard? Only then you can assume that it supports PS2. Many modern USB keyboards don't support PS2 any more.

• the lyra is the internal version for the a1200 in a case.

I therefore want to use an Amiga keyboard.

the pc keyboards i use are both the same HP ps2 one has the ps2 connector the other one a usb

• the lyra is the internal version for the a1200 in a case.

I therefore want to use an Amiga keyboard.

OK, my bad: I read your description as "you have an A2000 and want to use an A4000 keyboard".

So yes, that will work - if the solder-jumper is closed, it's in pass-through mode. Note that you cannot switch between modes - it's either one or the other mode.

the pc keyboards i use are both the same HP ps2 one has the ps2 connector the other one a usb

They are never the same on the inside - I'd expect only the upper keyboard to work in PS2 mode.

can you use a usb keyboard and switch it together with a pc with a usb switch? if both are switched on

I doubt that this will work, as KVM switches will mostly work in USB mode. So even if you connect a keyboard that "speaks" PS2, it will be in USB mode, and the KVM switch will also be USB-only. You need to use a pure PS2 KVM switch, then you can make a single keyboard/mouse/Monitor setup with Lyra 3, Micromys V5 and Indivision.

• 8o

yes you are right Amiga keyboard works.

can i put a switch on this with a wire so i can switch from pc to Amiga keyboard.?

now i want to have a adapter from ps2 to usb do you have a model advice for that

thanks

• can i put a switch on this with a wire so i can switch from pc to Amiga keyboard.?

Sure you can, but Lyra3 will only change modes on power-up, not on a reset.

now i want to have a adapter from ps2 to usb do you have a model advice for that

Sorry, no product like that.

• I received my vampire Icedrake today and put it in the amiga.

the lyra then won't work as long as the vampire is in the amiga.

an amiga acquaintance had experienced this last week.

The pc keyboard you see all the led flashing the amiga keyboard does not wake up.

what can this be ?

• what can this be ?

A known incompatibility that can be fixed by the Vampire people. However, they like to break with standards and have others fix it.

However, I can't fix it on this end, as I can only work with the standards that Commodore has published back in the days. Lyra complies with everything that the Hardware Reference Manual requires. With a Vampire installed, this spec has changed. It is not my responsibility to fix this. It would have been the seller's responsibility to tell you that they are changing the platform sufficiently to break compatibility with stoff you already have.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.