Buddha Anniversary Edition and Zorro IV (Winner Z4) busboard

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Some conditions apply if you want to use the Fast-Z2 mode. First of all, the Fast-Z2 jumper applies to the first TWO slots of the board, so I suggest to install the Buddha controller into one, and leave the other one empty.

Next, the Fast-Z2 mode needs to be enabled using the flash tool. However, the flash chip is write-protected after power-up, and you need to lift this write protection using the right mouse button during a power-up. This is described here: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Buddha_flashing

• So, just to clarify - does it work in Fast-Z2 mode ONLY? For now I tried to plug it into the last two slots and effect is, as I described in original post.

• It will of course work in both modes. The Z4 board is probably the only one that implements Z2 properly, As long as you don't operate it with an ATX PSU, it'll be OK.

Is this a new unit, or did you buy it used? What IDE devices are currently connected?

• 1. ZIV is used. Buddha - I bought new and flashed it few years ago.

2. Also, I'm using ATX PS with AT adapter.

3. As for now - none of devices are connected. Just the card... and it reboots constantly.

• If you've "flashed it years ago", can you re-try it in the machine that you actually did that? Just to see if the unit still works and hasn't been installed the wrong way round in the meantime.

• So what version is it exactly? The Feb-2018 version that required the CPLD upgrade? Or a few months later, when all dealer stock was upgraded already? Warranty ID might help. It should work in the Z4 board out of the box.

Also, please don't forget to mention the IDE devices, and if these have changed when you moved to the other machine.

• I bought it from the first batch available to resellers and did a first and one update only. Warranty ID: 8T3W6.

On ZIV machine I did not tried to connect anything as it goes into reset-loop.

• So the ROM is still the old Elaborate Bytes ROM? If so, please flash the 52.101 update with your working machine. It's really a huge stop forward. Not sure if that can cause the crash that you're describing, but since we can't support the Elby ROM any more, it's kind-of mandatory to use the new ROM. Not a huge hope though, as the older Buddha controllers were sold for the Z4 board around Y2K in good quantities, so the root cause is likely somewhere else.

What accelerator is installed in the Z4 machine? Maybe that will give a hint about the crash.

Further, you could hold down both mouse buttons when starting and see if the early startup menu is giving any hints. Please post screenshots if there's anything special.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.