IndivisionECS V2 setup tool are extremely confusing....

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi.

I have tried fiddeling with the setup tool for the IndivisionECS V2, and I still have no clue on what I am actually doing. It seems as eighter I do not know what I am doing, or the tool are just too difficult. Reading the manual on the Individual Wiki, do not help me in explaining exactly what is going on and what the different menuitems and submenu's actually are setting.

I have noticed, that setting screenmodes in Workbench, sometimes have an effect on the Indivision it self, and as far as I know, this should not be happening. For what I understand, then the IndiECS should just scale/convert any screenmodes to a VGA output. So why does it have an effect in the IndiECS's configuration it self, when I test a screenmode that are set in the Indi? My mind buggles a bit. Really confusing.

If there will be an guide in the future, with examples of what and explanation on each step, for setting up the Indivision. Then I know that I am not the only one that would be extremely happy. Another thing that I have found, is that if I wish a screenmode/vga-resolution, then I sometimes need to moove it to the top in the mainmeny of the IndiECSv2 tool, and sometimes I even have to disable other resolutions. Why?

Will Individual computers make such a guide avaliable, for setting up some kind of resolution, and explanations of each step and what exactly that step involves and what it exactly does?

Thanks in Advance.

• It's important to understand that the Indivision mode list is searched from top to bottom, and the first mode that matches the criteria will be used. So if it doesn't select the desired Indivision mode for an Amiga mode, then the list needs to be rearranged, or unwanted modes disabled from it. The primary selection criterion is the number of lines on the screen, so for PAL this is min=286, max=287.

To find out which mode would be selected for the current Workbench screenmode, use the Settings menu, "Find Mode to be Applied". To find out which mode is currently active, select Settings, "Find Live Mode". These menu items are now explained in the documentation also.

It's also important to understand that you can edit Indivision modes (and VGA modes) that are not currently being displayed, so on clicking Adjust... a screen is opened with an Amiga mode that is appropriate for testing the respective Indivision mode in the list - but that doesn't mean that this mode will be kept when returning to the Workbench. This is only the case if you edit the Indivision mode that the Workbench is currently running on.

Also note that the Test Mode field should show an Amiga screenmode that is actually useful for the Indivision mode you are editing. So for PAL this would be a PAL screen. This is editable because it makes sense to be able to test a PAL screen in its variants High Res, Low Res, Laced, but it makes little sense to use for example Multiscan for testing a PAL screen. If in doubt, don't change the Test Mode field.

• I do tend to agree that ECS V2's setup tool is quite counter-intuitive to use and complicated.

Upon reading the docs over and over and over again, I somehow managed to luckily get the 640x512 PAL Laced setting to display properly on my LCD monitor, and I left it at that without further trying to try other stuff, in fear of losing that setting.

• I do tend to agree that ECS V2's setup tool is quite counter-intuitive to use and complicated.

Upon reading the docs over and over and over again, I somehow managed to luckily get the 640x512 PAL Laced setting to display properly on my LCD monitor, and I left it at that without further trying to try other stuff, in fear of losing that setting.

Do you have border to border in workbench, and does it show all gfx when loading a game from disk?

If I set it to 800x600, I get this border around the screen. Like it is not stretching the image to fitt the monitor.

That is on both workbench and loading a game from disk.

• Yes, of course config files can be shared.

Cool... I was more like, if the forum allowed attachments in form of files.

Anyway, here is my setup and my profile.config file. profile.zip

The following are pictures of my IBM Thinkvision L170 monitor attached to the IndiECS V2.

Hopefully this will be at some help to other users of the IndiECS V2. :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.