Buddha 20th Anniversary (Purchased Sept 2018) How to verify if my Buddha Module need a Flash upgrade?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • How do I verify if my Buddha unit needs a flash?

I read on the support wiki page that some older Buddha's (Pre Feb23rd, 2018) need a flash update.

I purchased my Buddha module Sept 21st, 2018 from AmigaKit store. When Buddha arrived I succesfully did some limited testing of (DOM, IDE Drive & IDE-Compact Flash Adapter).

I plan on using the Buddga again with renewed interest in my A2000 since I just ordered a PiStorm2K to experiment with, so will be expanding my use of Buddha IDE module.

I don't have a cable to flash the Buddha however it shouldn't be difficult to make my own. I don't want to flash the Buddha if not necessary, or cause any new problems to the working unit.

• Please note that for this specific CPLD, it's an upgrade, not just an update, as essential features have been added that haven't been advertised before.

You wrote it yourself: The purchase date is what you need to look at. You're well over half a year into the upgraded period, and with AmigaKit never really taking stock of anything, you can be sure that it's the latest CPLD version.

Further, the flash tool will show if the unit is recommended for an upgrade or not.

• Thank you for the reply. Sounds like my Buddha card should be fine based on Amiga Kit stocking and my purchase date.

What you are saying is If I attempt the flash tool it will not cause any harm if done properly.

• What you are saying is If I attempt the flash tool it will not cause any harm if done properly.

That's the case for all flash tools and controllers :-)

If you only flash the ROM on the card (not the CPLD with the JTAG cable), you will a) have the latest device driver and b) know what version of the CPLD you currently have.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.