Stripes on start Bubbha

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • My regards and happy new year. For some time I have seen that my computer when starting up shows the green stripes on the monitor as if the Buddha 20 year entered earlywritemode.

First I checked the mouse for a cross between the two buttons but it was not the case.

Fortunately I have another spare Buddha 20 years (just in case) and when trying with this other card it does not happen.

When I used buddhaflashtool it told me that indeed the Buddha had the earlywrite mode activated. Then use buddhaflashtool to re-record the flashrom.

Since then it has not returned to the earlywrite mode activated but the stripes on the first boot have not disappeared.

I have a CF card and a DVD / Cd rom connected and both seem to work fine but I am concerned that I won't be able to re-burn the flashrom if necessary. Could you tell me where the problem may be and its possible solution. Thanks a lot.

• Sounds like a joystick with auto-fire is connected. Do those two Buddha controllers maybe have a different flash version installed?

Re-flashing the whole thing will surely also erase the settings, as they are stored in the same chip.

• Hello, thanks for answering.

There is no joistick.

The two controllers have flash 52.101

It can't get into earlywrite mode and I can't re-record the flash.

• Since you have two controllers, you might want to check if the error really moves with the chip - just swap them out. I know we're pretty short on these, but that's nothing new with chip shortage being all over the media :-)

• I will try to do it as soon as I have some time available.

In the case of confirming that it is the chip, is it possible to obtain another?

And if it's not the chip I guess I should send them the buddha for review.

I do not have tools to extract the chip I will have to look for them.

Thank you I will inform you again if I can do it.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.