Buddha 20 Year anniversary and DVD-rom

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Quick question, does Buddha support DVD-ROM drives?

I have now tried 4 different DVD-ROM drives but they are not found by AsimCDFS or CacheCDFS.

I have correctly set the Jumpers to Master/Slave

A CD-ROM works on the Buddha.

• That just sounds like the DVD drives are not Atapi compliant. I Have a bunch of such non-compliant devices, but the one very old DVD drive that I have works fine.

To be honest, with DVDs never having played a role for the Amiga, I don't want to spend any money investigating what the difference is.

• Why I want a DVD-ROM is because the CD-ROMs I have can't read my CD-R/W properly.

I have found a DVD-R/W that is compatible, a NEC ND-1100A

Thanks for the info, apparently only old DVD-ROM drives are ATAPI compatible. I have 2 DV-5700A and 2 DV-5800A and these are not compatible with the ATAPI interface.

• I have a 3000T with the new 3.2 roms and OS3.2 and the buddha 20 year does support DVD-R/W drives. You must use the buddhascsi.device. If you have older ROMs try it and see if it will work.

1. Make sure that your HD is set to master and the CD is set to slave on the left IDE port. Start the buddha cd install program.

2. When you get to prompt buddhascsi.device is not shown, cancel and the next screen is scsi.device change it to buddhascsi.device.

3. The next screen will show a 5 change it to 1. Lun 1 is ok.

4. Next screen will ask for the name, CD1 is ok or you can change it. After the install script finishes.

5. Put a CD in your drive and your CD-DVD drive should display DISC or the name of the CD and it should be working.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.