Bigram256+ yellow screen with KS 3.1.4/3.2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have a weird issue with an A4000, ZZ9000 and a Bigram256+ expansion installed. If I try KS 3.1.4, 3.2 or 3.2.1, the Amiga shows a yellow flashing screen. However, with KS 3.x installed, the Amiga boots fine.

If I remove the Bigram256+, the Amiga also boots fine with either KS 3.1.4, 3.2 or 3.2.1

The A4000 was upgraded with a (socketed) Buster 11, has a A3640 processor board. ZZ9000 uses rom 19.1 (no autoboot). Diagrom check's out ok.

• Not sure how deep the DiagRom is doing it's test - I've had a good look into ATK lately, and I really like it. Please try running that for a round or two on the 256M fastmem block to see if that shows any errors.

If it doesn't (which is what I expect), this might be a case for Hyperion.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.