Installing/upgrading AmigaOS ACA500+ with ACA1221LC attached...

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi folks,

First off, Merry Xmas at all!

This is probably a silly question but I'm in the middle of upgrading the AmigaOS for my ACA500+ with ACA1221LC attached from 3.2 to 3.2.1. Does anyone know if I should use the A500 rom image, modules etc., or the A1200 ones, since the ACA1221LC has an '020 on it? At the moment I have actual 3.2 roms installed in the machine, so it's using those. I'm guessing it should probably be the A500 ROM and library but I thought I'd check to see if anyone knew for sure.

Cheers in advance for you help! :)

• I'd use the A500 ROMs, as the A1200 has AGA and PCMCIA that need support. The A1200 ROMs might work on the ACA500plus (especially since the CF card controllers are software-compatible with the A1200 IDE), but you don't need these drivers, as the ACA500plus provides them. So while the long answer "experimenting won't hurt" is surely the right thing for a few hours of experimental fun, "use A500 ROM" is the safe bet.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.