Indivision ECS V3, or how we deal with chip shortage, part 1

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Yes, that's the area where things have changed - but it's more than just these three resistors, and you won't have any success if you don't use higher-frequency transistors. Further, supply of the analogue part has also changed, so it's nothing that anyone would want to do in "free-air wiring".

• Yes, that's the area where things have changed - but it's more than just these three resistors, and you won't have any success if you don't use higher-frequency transistors. Further, supply of the analogue part has also changed, so it's nothing that anyone would want to do in "free-air wiring".

I just need the value of these because I need to repair (replace with original value). So how many ohms are these 3?

• Your picture shows V3, yet you're writing "V2 design" in there. Since the whole resistor ladder has changed, plus locations having been moved around, you can't just replace a single value and expect it to work.

Please take a picture of the V2 part that you need the value of - use your own picture. I'm happy to share that value.

• Your picture shows V3, yet you're writing "V2 design" in there. Since the whole resistor ladder has changed, plus locations having been moved around, you can't just replace a single value and expect it to work.

Please take a picture of the V2 part that you need the value of - use your own picture. I'm happy to share that value.

Isn't this the V2? You even say it's V2 (this is your own picture). And it looks exactly like my V2. I just need the value of the outlined 3 resistors in the V2 picture. Because I need to repair my V2.

• Wait a minute - digging through the version archive. I've worked on the V2 project until I decided that it shall get a new name, so what's "currently" V2 is not what's in the field. Sorry about the confusion.

• These resistors are 3k3 in the V2 units that are in the field. I wonder wha you've removed them - even all three of them? It should be obvious that they are identical, so measuring one would have given you the answer.

• Wait a minute - digging through the version archive. I've worked on the V2 project until I decided that it shall get a new name, so what's "currently" V2 is not what's in the field. Sorry about the confusion.

The picture above shows the exact same design my V2 has. So I need the values of the 3 resistors outlined in the picture. My ECS V3s have a different design and also a lighter blue PCB colour. Just like the pictures you posted at the start of this thread. The picture above is definately the same design and PCB colour my ECS V2 has. So I just need the value of those 3 resistors

• These resistors are 3k3 in the V2 units that are in the field. I wonder wha you've removed them - even all three of them? It should be obvious that they are identical, so measuring one would have given you the answer.

Thanks. The ECS V2 with it's ghosting has caused alot of frustration for me through the years. That is all I will say about that. On a positive note, my two ECS V3s are just perfect.

• When I bought the ECS V2 back in 2018 the VAT rules was not a thing in Norway yet, when buying stuff from other countries. So I didn't pay that much for the ECS V2. I will just use it as a super denise replacement on A500 boards. So will not use the VGA part.

I know your shop counts how many items you buy and sets a limit on how many scandoublers each person can buy etc.. In my case 1x ECS V2 and 2x ECS V3s. Maybe you could make it so it only counts 2x ECS V3s in my case since I was very unhappy with the ECS V2?

• It was higher than what you wrote before, but I didn't see problems raising it even more. Like I wrote, the high price is probably prohibitive-enough for anyone to bulk-buy and make a quick buck on eBay.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.