A QUESTION: Is ACA 1231 compatible with ACA 500 Plus?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I will not guarantee this to work, as all cards have been shipped to Vesalia back when the project ended. We do not have any unit left to test with. We did have a problem with 64MByte cards with earlier versions of the menu system, but these have been ironed out and are resolved with the current menu system, so it's worth a try.

However, the ACA1231 were heavily overclocked by Vesalia's instructions (CPUs on those cards are 16MHz types). Stable operation can only be reached with the cooler on, and with a very good power supply. I dare to say that ACA1231 owners can really only be happy with their card if they have a CA-PSU.

If you're contemplating on buying this card (not sure if the pictures you're sharing are your own card), then I suggest to avoid this card. Yes, I did develop it back then, but no, I won't do any service on them, as mentioned in the Wiki article.

• If you're contemplating on buying this card (not sure if the pictures you're sharing are your own card), then I suggest to avoid this card. Yes, I did develop it back then, but no, I won't do any service on them,

Yes. I was thinking on buy it, this is not my card, but after your answer, no more intention. I will avoid it.

Thank you

• I have been using this card with my Aca500plus with zero issues. Rock solid.

Also no issues with Aca1233-55 and Blizzard1260. Aca500plus even booted with TF1260 connected but didn’t have time to try anything else regarding that accelerator.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.