Good afternoon, I hope the weather's treating the team well in Germany.
My Indivision AGA Mk 3 arrived promptly and well packed this week, so huge thank you for that.
Unfortunately I've had some significant issues getting it to operate stably. It works beautifully for a couple of minutes after a cold start, exactly as the instructions envision, then rapidly descends into glitches and ultimately crashes. Sometimes those crashes are gurus but most of the time it's just a wall of corrupt graphics and a freeze. If it helps, so far I've tried:
- The 1.9 rescue disk which (if I start from a cold boot) gives me a picture and runs long enough to reflash the firmware happily.
- Various screenmodes/resolutions, prioritising low resolutions to see whether a reduced load on the CPLD makes a difference to the glitching/crashing (sadly it does not).
- Unhooking the CIA hat (just to confirm whatever the issue is is isolated to the main board).
- Removing all non-stock equipment (accelerator cards, Gotek etc.) to no avail.
Extra info if helpful:
- Once the Indivision is removed the system operates totally normally.
- The crashing definitely isn't just the Indivision board/HDMI output, it's the whole machine - as I say it's often throwing actual guru errors on screen that don't recover regardless of the output type.
- A straight reset (hard or soft) doesn't help once glitches/crashes have begun to occur. It's only when the whole system has been off for a period of time (>5 mins) that the Indivision functions normally again for a few minutes.
- Possibly related to that, the board seems to get very hot indeed even over that short period. I can't be sure whether it's the CPLD that's the hotspot or not as it's all quite hot.
- I've been using an original beige C= PSU (I have another aftermarket PSU but haven't had cause to use it given it doesn't seem to be a lack of amperage issue).
How would you like to proceed? I know this is within the 14 day period for withdrawal/return but I'm very much a fan of the neatness/size of your solution so I'm keen to explore whatever options you would suggest.