Only test mode working on my mk3 AGA 1200 scandoubler

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi everyone! I've just got the indivision mk3 AGA this morning. I'm now trying to set it up. I still have a screen on the normal video output of the 1200 so I can still what's going on anyway. My monitor displays "not supported" as soon as the amiga boots. But when I load the config tool and test screen modes, the test window appears, looking very good btw, but if I get out of it the monitor goes back to his "not supported" routine.

My config is:

A1200 rev 1D

4 Gb CF card

Blizzard 1230 mk3 with 32 Mb ram

UPERFECT portable Monitor 13,3

A-Power PSU sold by amigastore

Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Xavier

• I've just got it to work by enabling the PAL 640 * 512 display PRE mode. I'll do the emergency disk and experiment further. Looks very good so far, just a bit stretched maybe :)

It's already amazing!

thx

• No links to other shops, please - we're not an advertising platform, but a support forum.

Good to see that you're getting some success. However, the A-Power PSU is known-bad. It's sold with false advertising, because it is not suitable for an Amiga with expansions. As soon as it's loaded a bit over "vanilla A1200", the voltage drops below the threshold that Commodore has specified - let alone the overall tolerances and ripple. Please read our PSU FAQ and make sure that you're sending the A-Power PSU back for a refund.

• Sorry for the links

I see. I'll dig into the PSU it's a bit difficult to understand for people with basic electronic skills like me. I've red about the power supply issue before but thought this one was ok since they explicitly say it damned

I noticed some glitches indeed, I don't know if it's power-related but some noise appears on the audio when the CF card is accessed for instance.

The Indivision warms up but it seems ok, I've let the amiga running all afternoon and while I can feel the warmth nothing seems to suffer from it.

The last thing is regarding the CF card. I used insulating tape to protect the Indivision but it stands directly on it, is that ok?

• I used insulating tape to protect the Indivision but it stands directly on it, is that ok?

You've essentially built heat insulation - I would not do that. If you can, fold it to the other side, so the area above Indivision AGA MK3 has some free air.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.