Mk3 artefacts go away when slight pressure is applied on Indivision

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I've been reading countless threads of people experiencing artefacts with various AGA Indivision models.

Then I saw a Youtube video about a French guy who has the Mk1, then upgraded to the Mk3. He noticed that the artefacts went away by bracing his Indivision with a home-made "clamp"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…hEt08E&ab_channel=LesDocs

I see you coming with your pitchforks yelling "no! don't do it" but it's an undeniable fact that the artefacts completely go away when I apply a bit of pressure with my thumb on top of the Indivision.

So save from building a brace like that, what else can I try? Cleaning the contacts with Alcohol? Because the issue is obvious, some contacts are not strong enough on the chip.

• So save from building a brace like that, what else can I try?

THis is obviosly a contact problem between Lisa and the main baord: A micro-crack in one of the solder joints.

Just re-solder all pins, and the problem should go away.

Nice to see that after 13 years, these flicker fixers are still in use!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.