Tip for anyone using an accelerator under AmigaOS 3.1.4

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • While Hyperion Entertainment specifically documents that one no longer needs to specify MaxTransfer speed (see: https://www.hyperion-entertain…eed-to-manually-adjust-it)

I can confirm, after playing around for the past 2 days that it is very much still required when using CF cards, especially with my ACA1230. I was getting strange behaviour (mostly WHDLoad telling me it's out of memory for some games, unsupported instruction, or even corrupt image!) When I set the MaxTransfer speed to 0x1fe00 and used the filesystem that ships with 3.1.4, all problems went away. Even the 3.1.4.1 update did not fix this issue.

Just set MaxTransfer speed and be done with it.

Sharing it in case anyone else runs into this issue in the future.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.