aca500plus not clocking 28 and 42 hz anymore

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • dear jens.

i did what you suggested and bought your ca-psu,it did not solve the problem;(;( and probably wasnt the problem,now im 90 euros poorer and still have a broken aca500plus .that wont go higher than 21 .

how to solve?????????

kind greetings marco

• I TOGGLED A LITTLE BIT IN THE ACA500PLUS SETTINGS AND NOW IT WORKS AGAIN?? HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH FORCE PALL/NTSC BUT FIND IT STRANGE THAT IT ONLY EFFECTS THE 28 AND 42 SETTINGS??? O WELL IT WORKS AND I HAVE A NEW PSU ,ANYBODY WANNE BUY MY OLD ONE LOL

PS SORRY FOR THE BIG LETTERS ,BROKEN CAPS LOCK

• woke up this morning wanne play a game and do a quick sysinfo to see if it still works and nothing?

wont boot again,it freezes again and no mather what i tried pal/ntsc or resource on or of ,tried every possible setting with 28mhz and no luck??
    on 7,14, or 21 it does work so i gotreally really frustraded and smoked a joint leaving the amiga on with the blue screen after i tried to reset.

after 15 minutes i turned my amiga of and back on again and now on every setting it works again and could do my sysinfo on 28 and 42?????

does the aca500plus needs 10 minutes warm up time or is there really something wrong with my aca500plus.

please help,it really keeps me awake at night,it needs to be solved;(;(;(;(;(

• Overclocking success is not part of the guaranteed product properties. You report that it works at 21MHz, which is guaranteed. Every CPU reacts differently to higher frequencies and we can't possibly support such differencies. It's a game of chances, but surely has to do with temperature of the parts. Maybe the temperature in your room is just lower during winter time? NOt sure where on the planet you are.

You bought a 21MHz card and it does what it's supposed to.

About your CA-PSU: You do have a right of revocation, so you haven't "lost" the money.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.