Indivision ECS V2 ghosting

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • My Indivision is in a checkmate case and the ghosting is not that annoying. I wonder if grounding the VGA connector on the TC64 would help reducing the ghosting there.

Probably because the checkmate case is a huge metal chassi. So very big grounding mass. I tried holding a wire against the TC64 V2 VGA port metal shielding and other end to the cartridge shielding on the C64 itself. did not see a difference. May try to make a proper connection and see if it makes any difference.

You have ghosting on TC64 V1 or are you talking about TC64 V2?

• Interesting, so this made a much bigger difference for you VS having groundwire from VGA plug to motherboard or RF shield?

There’s a ground wire from the ECS V2 to the RF shield and now also from the VGA plug to the Acca500. I tried also from the VGA plug back to the RF shield and another try was back to the diskdrive. Everytime another result but the biggest and best result was on the acca500.

Don’t ask me why, I’m not a technician.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• There’s a grond wire from the ECS V2 to the RF shield and now also from the VGA plug to the Acca500. I tried also from the VGA plug back to the RF shield and another try was back to the diskdrive. Everytime another result but the biggest and best result was on the acca500.

Don’t ask me why, I’m not a technician.

Interesting. I will try this on my ACA 500 Plus setup.

I would need to test this, as I've only used it attached to the metalcase.

I would be interested to see/hear your results

• Interesting. I will try this on my ACA 500 Plus setup.

Like you could see in one of the pictures from PPaint, I have now a very clear picture, maybe a little ghosting but I can’t see it (eyes too old...) So, with this I’m satisfied.

With the DOS demo, pinball games,... it’s better but certainly not perfect. Still that smearing/ghosting.

I’m still in the running for that extra pcb board from Jens when it’s available 😀

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

• Now I have by far the best picture I've ever had from the Indivision ECS V2. In the past I've tried to make profiles to make my BenQ BL702As and BL912 switch to 720x576@50Hz. This is the full overscan resolution that minimig cores uses and in my opinion the best way to go. The problem has always been that the ECS V2 gave me alot of noise on the screen when I reached this resolution.

That was until today. I dressed the indivision ECS V2 cable with copper tape. This made my new 720x576 profile (720x548 in the profile but switches the screen to 720x575@50Hz) extremely sharp and vibrant with no noise on the screen and a crystal clear picture. Much better than any other profile I tried. And even sharper than ECS V1. Perfect patterns and crystal clear and perfect letters. In my A600 with the VGA connector secured to the shielding and with copper tape on the cable I can barely see any ghosting in pinball dreams. It's really hard to see any ghosting on the workbench. Andromeda's DOS demo will show it, but it's much better.

In My A500 Plus the picture is also crystal clear with the copper tape cable. Has a tad more ghosting due to the VGA connector not secured to the RF shield but extremely sharp.

Oh, and the copper tape cable helps the Indivision ECS V1 aswell.

The two key factors here is the 720x576@50Hz profile and the copper tape to avoid noise on this profile.

Will add some pictures that shows my profile and various other pictures. My camera is old but the pictures are not that bad I think. But the pictures does not do the crystal clear and sharp picture I get any justice.

• Oh, and the copper tape cable helps the Indivision ECS V1 aswell.

The two key factors here is the 720x576@50Hz profile and the copper tape to avoid noise on this profile..

It’s a nice solution and indeed a very good clear and sharp picture 👍

• It’s a nice solution and indeed a very good clear and sharp picture 👍

Here is a new updated profile with the full 576 vertical resolution. The last profile would sometimes switch to 1080i on coldboots and didn't have the full vertical overscan. This one has the full vertical overscan and seems to stick to 720x576@50Hz so far. If you try this, make sure to hit auto button on your BenQ BL702A so the pattern in the test window in ECS V2 tool looks perfect. In this mode all patterns should be perfect with no vertical or horizontal bars. Just like if you plug your BL702A directly to RGB and finetune pixel and phase. Only this looks even sharper and better.

If you get noise on the screen with this profile you need copper tape on the cable. As you can see in these pictures I covered the copper tape with insulation tape. It goes without saying :D

Edit, any artifacts/vertical bars etc you see in these pictures is a result of the bad camera. The picture is absolutely crystal clear and perfect. Appart from a slight ghosting that's mostly visible in some games like certain boards in pinball dreams and fantasies, and of course Andromeda's DOS demo.

• turrican9

Thx, I will try this one of the coming days.

Your pictures are looking very good. 😀

• My latest profile is using 736x576@50Hz and Vsync. So far my BenQ BL702A has stayed at 720x576@50Hz.

I have exported this profile from ECS2 config utility. I have added the file for download here. Just unzip it and import it in ECS2 config utility. Make sure to backup your current profile before importing this. And if the pattern is not showing 100% perfect in the test window then just hit 'Auto' on your BenQ BL702A/BL 912.

If the picture is noisy you may need some copper tape on the cable.

Oh, and I'm using the latest firmware and config utility for ECS2.

• That's something you can change with the config tool. V1 did have a different default setting, but that was not perfect for other applications. Thing is that you can't be perfect for *all* applications, as the overscan area of the Amig is so big.

Thanks, the Config tool helps a lot is now center the ACA500Plus menu.

I’m to busy with the Turbo Chameleon 64 V1 on the C64 Reloaded MK1. The Turbo Chameleon 64 V1 is perfect on the BenQ BL702A. Have now the VGA Mode 768x576 50Hz. And did that also with the Indivision ECS V1. Can now live with the Indivision ECS V1. It’s not perfect but much better than first. Would be interest to see how well the Turbo Chameleon 64 V2 is.

A1200 GHOST Rev2B RECAP TSB 2020 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 / Blizzard 1230 IV

A1200 CD32 Rev1D.4 RECAP TSB 2019 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 / ACA1234-50
    A1200 BLACK Rev2B RECAP TSB 2018 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 /
    Blizzard 1230 IV

A1200 TRANSLUCENT Rev1D.4 RECAP TSB 2018 /
    CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK2CR / ACA1233-55 LE
    A500 BLACK Rev6A / CA-PSU / ACE2 / Indivision ECS V1-V2 / ACA500Plus V1-V2 / ACA1221 Rev1.3 / ACA1233n-55

C64R MK1-MK2 TRANSPARENT 2015 DM / iComp 12V 2.0A / TC64 V1

• I managed to get an 'Indivision ECS V1' from eBay and the picture is far superior to the V2 on my setup.

Its better than my 'ScanPlus ECS' in the interlaced modes and it works well with HighGfx.

On the ECS v2 the ghosting was so bad I could read the text in the ghosted image, ECS v1 no such issue.

I'll probably hang on to the v2 to see what that's like once the patch board is available.

• I managed to get an 'Indivision ECS V1' from eBay and the picture is far superior to the V2 on my setup.

Its better than my 'ScanPlus ECS' in the interlaced modes and it works well with HighGfx.

On the ECS v2 the ghosting was so bad I could read the text in the ghosted image, ECS v1 no such issue.

I'll probably hang on to the v2 to see what that's like once the patch board is available.

Did you try Andromedas DOS demo on your Indivision ECS V1? I still get a little bit of ghosting on my V1s. But when they are in my A600s with the VGA connector secured to the RF shield it's barely noticeable. In my A500s it's quite noticeable.

For my ECS V2 I now get a crystal clear and sharp picture with the latest profile I made. You can find my profile in post #175 with a download. I also added copper tape to the VGA cable. There is still visible ghosting, especially in DOS demo, where it's very visible. But in general I don't see that much ghosting outside of examples like DOS demo or stuff that has certain colour combinations. And the picture I get on my BenQ BL702A and BL912 monitors with this profile is actually sharper than I get from ECS V1. It's crystal clear, sharp and shows perfect patterns with no artifacts. So appart from the ghosting which can be seen in certain scenarios, the picture is extremely good with this profile.

Oh, and I'm using the latest firmware for ECS V2

• Did you try Andromedas DOS demo on your Indivision ECS V1? I still get a little bit of ghosting on my V1s. But when they are in my A600s with the VGA connector secured to the RF shield it's barely noticeable. In my A500s it's quite noticeable.

Not looked at this demo, but you could not miss the ghosting on the V2, no sign of it on the V1 or the ScanPlus

For my ECS V2 I now get a crystal clear and sharp picture with the latest profile I made. You can find my profile in post #175 with a download. I also added copper tape to the VGA cable. There is still visible ghosting, especially in DOS demo, where it's very visible.

Appreciate the tip regards copper tape, but the V1 copes fine without it.

As there is no ghosting on the V1 I'll wait until the V2 patch board is available then decide which one has the better overall picture then sell the runner up.