AGA MK3 + Amiga 1200 connected via HDMI - vertical sync issue (rolling image)

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Just tried my AGA Mk3 / HDMI with my two Amiga 1200s that were previously using MK2 / DVI. Fitted everything according to the instructions, but the vertical sync on the monitor is "rolling" - the image keeps moving vertically up the screen and then repeating from the bottom very fast (see enclosed picture).

Any ideas what might be causing this? I have 2 x 1200s and 2 x MK3 flicker fixers and I have tried all 4 combinations with the same result.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

• If you have two flicker fixers and two computers, it's bretty obvious that the error is not in one of them. Instead, I'd double-checK:

- the power supply. You wouldn't dare to think how many cases are solved by "go back to the original COmmodore PSU and dump that MeanWell-based "new" power supply, which was sold to you with false advertising.

- the monitor cable. These are especially prone to break if they are thin, and there's of course big money to be made on expansive cables. However, expensive and fancy-looking is not always good.

- the monitor itself: If it's been used a lot, the connector might have come loose.

- monitor settings: Try to find a menu item "reset to factory defaults", as funny settings in the menu might cause the monitor to mis-interpret a proper incoming signal.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.