Chameleon C64 Core - Compatible Monitors

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Interesting. Will keep an eye out for this when it becomes available in the shop. In my experience the 5:4 17 inch LCDs are the most suited for stuff like this. No need for gigantic widescreens.

• After more testing with my new DELL E1715S it seems to work with all of TC64s 50Hz resolutions up to 1280x1024. Not only that but it switches/guesses the right resolution for most of them. And it will not 'guess wrong' on reboots or switching between resolutions.

The key resolution for PAL C64 is 720x576@50Hz. It works perfect for this. Unlike my BenQ BL702A and BL912 which guesses wrong on reboots or switching between resolutions. Also, this DELL seems to have less ghosting/smearing VS BL702A.

My BL702A and BL912 will sometimes (quite rarely) 'guess' wrong when using them with my ECS V3s and using my custom 720x576@50Hz profile. My new DELL has no issues here. For other cores tested neither my BenQs or this new DELL has any issues and will not 'guess' wrong. I think that's because the other cores does not do frame conversion but linedoubling.

Anyway, the DELL E1715S works so good with my TC64V2s and ECS V3 that I've ordered one more before it's too late. This monitor seems perfect for TC64/TC64 V2 and Indivision scandoublers.