A Question About A630

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I am getting an A600 equipped with A630 / 25Mhz. Since A630 is no longer available, the information is very limited. I just need to understand one thing, I have a spare 68030/50 laying around, is it possible to upgrade the CPU and the memory from 32 to 64 or they are all on board and soldered?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.

O.

• The ACA630 cannot be speeded up by just replacing the CPU. A 50MHz version of the logic never existed. The ACA630/25 was equipped with 33MHz CPUs back then, in order to keep temperatures inside the A600 case as low as possible.

I recommend to keep everything as-is. The ACA630-25 is a rare thing, and we can't program the Altera CPLD any more - we don't even have spare parts. If it breaks, it'll be gone for good.

• The 230V version is available now. Only the 110V version is not in stock.

There's a bug in your site. When you search from the search box and click on the link, it takes you to the product page with 230V selected but it says "Out of Stock" and if you choose 110 then choose 230 again then it shows in stock. So I didn't know they are in stock if you hadn't told me this and it's still requires effort to order them. Maybe you need to check this as probably most people are thinking it's not in stock.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.