Rapidroad USB on clockport (Kickflash OS4)

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I have a KickFlash OS4 Zorro card with a clockport I am not using. I was thinking about buying a RapidRoad USB to put on it.

Question

1) Will this work, is the orientation correct?

2) What kind of speeds could I expect?

Thanks

Darren

• Works, orientation can be found in the Wiki pictures.

Performance is considerably lower (about half) than with connection to the specialized port on the X-Surf-100 card. If you have Zorro, you should really think about going the 16-bit route and even save money on the version of RapidRoad (30,- EUR difference!).

You can always upgrade to an X-Surf-100 later, and keep using the clock port version (the 16-bit port is available on the clock port version as well).

• Works, orientation can be found in the Wiki pictures.

Performance is considerably lower (about half) than with connection to the specialized port on the X-Surf-100 card. If you have Zorro, you should really think about going the 16-bit route and even save money on the version of RapidRoad (30,- EUR difference!).

You can always upgrade to an X-Surf-100 later, and keep using the clock port version (the 16-bit port is available on the clock port version as well).

Thank you, I see the photo now. How are users mounting and keeping it secure if using it with a KickFlash?

• How are users mounting and keeping it secure if using it with a KickFlash?

I guess they're just being creative - like I wrote, it's not the recommended way of connecting it, as performance is really limited. If you want a nice&tidy setup, the X-Surf-100 will give you a cable-free connection, higher performance, and USB ports directly accessible from the outside of the computer.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.