Scanline artifacts in laced modes. Problem?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I'd say all of these problems are solvable. But at what cost?

It would probably be a better solution to make it possible to run RTG graphics directly on the Indivision, circumventing the AGA chipset. That would be cleaner and faster, especially for those of us with fast accelerators.

(I have no idea about how the Indivision gets data from the CPU or memory directly, though. Perhaps there are significant limitations here as well. But certainly there will be enough bandwidth for smooth mouse pointer movement. 8))

As thing are now, I'll live with the mouse pointer issues. In interlace the mouse pointer wasn't great either, and at least in 30p scrolling of text and graphics looks a lot better.

• It would probably be a better solution to make it possible to run RTG graphics directly on the Indivision, circumventing the AGA chipset. That would be cleaner and faster, especially for those of us with fast accelerators.

"bypassing AGA" would mean that you give it the CPU address+data bus - both are not available on the Lisa chip. So no, that's really not an easy fix. I elaborated a bit on the "hires mouse pointer" idea, because that's all possible without modifying the hardware.

• According to André (author of HighGFX) there's not many monitor type IDs free on top of what he created, and I suggest to not just occupy one. He has something planned for the remaining one or two IDs that might be what you need.

Interestingly, André uploaded and updated version of HighGFX to Aminet yesterday!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.