Shop page for CA-PSU shows 'out of stock' when you enter, but it's not true

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi folks, a bug report for the shop-icomp developer:

I went to https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/shop/product/ca-psu.html and on that entry screen it shows that the CA-PSU of the 240V variant I would need is 'out of stock', so I went away to find one elsewhere on the Internet:

Later I returned, and hit the dropdown to see what else was in it and accidentally selected 110V, also out of stock. But then I fortuitously set it back to 240V, and - oh, it is in stock!

So I will order one to go with my new MK3 and protect my 28 year old A1200 from my 28 year old Commodore PSU!

I don't know if the incorrect first view has turned away many customers... but it very nearly did for me. Perhaps there other pages with a similar problem.

• That's a known one, but unfortunately not easy to fix. The shop system is really complicated in a way that the open-source base really looks like way too many people have done changes without real coordination. So it's "the best we have" at this point, and we need to live with the limitation.

• Maybe you can mention in the description that you have to click on 110V or 230V to see the availability.

I ordered one this night and Jens ... I will not change my delivery address this time as I did with the Indi MK3 😉. I'm trying the HighGFX Extreme today. 👍

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• I experienced the same problem but when I logged in it appeared as available ! :-) Have two on the way now !
    And I also clicked the box where it says "inform me about stock status etc" I think that is when it appeared available.

• Right now, the CA-PSU is really out of stock, and we're waiting for the key DC-DC converter chip to arrive. You surely heard about chip shortage in the media... I'll make it big news when this is back in stock, as demand for the CA-PSU is huge. Not only is there a huge line of customers who "want one", but many customers want a second unit, because they found that it works so much better on one of their systems that "the other" shall get the same.

The display problem in the shop will remain the same. It's just too tedious to change that. Only if you actually select a variant, the real stock status will be displayed.

• Yes fully aware of chip shortages just wasn't aware that the three seemingly fine amiga power supplies I own were not going to play nice with the AGA mk3, thought it was the machine until I came across a screen capable of handling all the interlaced modes through the native RGB output just fine. There are no variants available to select in the shop only the 240v option don't know if you are aware of this? is there another power supply you could recommend at all? thank you.

• There are no variants available to select in the shop only the 240v option don't know if you are aware of this?

Yes, we currently only have the 240V version of the 12V/5A power brick.

is there another power supply you could recommend at all?

These days, all Amigas must be considered "expanded", and with more expansions, you have more power consumption. With more power consumption, the voltage drop on the cable and in the input filter is higher, resulting in lower voltage inside the computer. This is also known as "violating the specification".

I currently do not know of any product that is within all specs that Commodore has published. See our FAQ, which also links to the spec.

• Thanks for the speedy reply, Seems I have backed myself into a corner with my enthusiastic installation of the AGA mk3 and the ACA1233n, I am firmly set on keeping them in the machine and so it will have to remain dormant until a suitable power supply is in stock, I have checked the box for stock notifications on the product page, would that be a reliable approach? or would there be a waiting list you maintain that I may be added to?

• I have checked the box for stock notifications on the product page, would that be a reliable approach?

Absolutely. And I got a notification from the distributor about that key DC-DC controller chip: It states a delivery date within this year. I'll believe it when it gets here, but will do some preparations for a *very* fast production run.

• That's great news Jens, especially with the way the supply chain is currently. Seems there may be a chance of having my dream machine up and running by the new year. I will keep a close eye on my email inbox for the stock notification and thank you for your time.

• In theory could I use the A1200 version and change the connector?

No. The CA-PSU is designed with the knowledge about all the resistance of the whole chain: From the DC-DC converter, through the cable, the connection resistance in the plug, the input filter - all these components add resistance that the circuit inside CA-PSU knows about. These MUST NOT be changed, otherwise the cable drop compensation will output wrong values. Although the errors won't be huge, they will be there, and the voltage specification is likely not met.

I may make a special version for the CD32 at some point.

• Jens

Closed the thread.