Some thoughts about MK3 installation and manual

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi all!

First of all, I just received and installed my MK3, so thanks for it, for the fast delivery.

As I said, I already mounted it on my A1200, not without some doubts. For example, while the installation of the main board itself on top of the LISA chip is pretty clear, the installation of the tiny board on the CIA chip is not so clear: that arrow mark on the tiny CIA board should coincide with the mark on the CIA chip itself, but it does not, and the image on the installation manual does no help much, is way too dark. Curiously, the image corresponding to the A4000T installation is pretty clear and a detailed close-up.

A friend told me that I should look for the indented corner on the chip and make the tiny CIA board coincide with it, and since I am a "measure three times, cut one" kind of guy, I looked also for images in your Indivision MK3 shop page, and fortunately there was a very clear and detailed image on how to install it, but it should be clear also in the manual and it is not.

Now it's time to try it, let's see how it works.

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

• Thanks for your comments - the main thing I should do is to upload the PDF of that installation manual to the Wiki, so you have coloured, high-res pictures available in a place where you expect it. This has not happened yet, because we're extremely busy not only shipping pre-orders, but also fixing a bug that has shown with a total of three cutomers so far - luckily, that appears to be resolved, and we can upload a new version of the config tool soon.

The reason why you do NOT look for the arrow inside the socket and align it with the point on the CIA chip is that the socket needs to be rotated by 90 degrees if you use it "upside down" - PLCC chips have a chamfered corner that you need to mind, so what you do "in theory" is to draw a diagonal axis through the chamfered and the opposing corner, and rotate the chip 180 degrees around that axis. As a result, the point for pin#1 is in a 90-degrees rotated position.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.