Indivision ECS black horizontal lines

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello everyone!

I have an Amiga 600 with A604n, RTC module, RapidRoad USB and the Indivision ECS with 1.15 firmware. Recently, I started to get the dreaded horizontal black lines problem. The problem can be seen here (video is not mine, but shows the very same problem). I have seen over the forum that most of the time problem is related to power supply, but I am using the very same for years without issues until now. Any idea of procedure I could follow to diagnose the issue?

• Answering myself, I tried an ATX power supply and image got a lot better, but still seeing the horizontal black lines. It seems that it is power related. Maybe it is a capacitor problem or maybe the Indivision needs some fixing?

• So yet another PSU issue. Welcome to the club :-)

We did develop a fix back when IndivisioN ECS V1 was "current", and bad power supplies from Poland started flooding the market. If you are familiar with SMD soldering, I can dig out the information. However, I'd be interested so see if our new PSU for A500/A600/A1200 fixes your problem. Where on the planet are you?

• I decided to register in the forum :)

Thanks for answering Jens. I am on Europe, Spain. I recently ordered to the shop some keyboard stickers, so maybe you remember me. I am also the happy owner of an ACA630/25. What are these new PSU?

• I recently ordered to the shop some keyboard stickers, so maybe you remember me.

certainly not, sorry. I see so many names, and all I do is to make sure that invoices and payments are in line. I should focus on developments :-)

What are these new PSU?

I hope I can put up the product description today. It's a crazy amount of work at the moment - VAT reduction in Germany, and pre-orders for Indivision GAA MK3 have started. I hope I'll make it before hte company holidays start.

• Yes - it may help, but I can't guarantee that. I don't have any unmodified Indivision ECS V1 left to try with. However, we can arrange free shipping for your modded Indivision ECS V1 if it does not help - as a thank-you for testing.

• OK Jens, I am in for that, I will fill the pre-order of this new PSU. I really want my Indivision working properly again with her outstanding image quality in LCD and scanlines mode. RGB output is working fine for me and image quality is good, but the Indivision one is way better, if I get rid of the black lines :)

PD: I am going on holidays soon and my Amiga 600 is coming with me. Can I change shipping address if needed before the product is sent?

• PD: I am going on holidays soon and my Amiga 600 is coming with me. Can I change shipping address if needed before the product is sent?

We can only do that if you're paying with wire transfer. If oyu choose PayPal, we are bound to the shipping address associated with the payment, and no change will be possible. That's because of their buyer/seller protection rules.

• Hi Jens, my Indivision ECS v.1 doesn't have the fix, so I changed the ferrite bead under U14 mark with a 10 ohm resistor, but I don't know where I have to solder the 10 micro farad capacitor.. Can you give me an indication, maybe with a pic? Thank you very much.

Gianluca.

• Hi Jens, my Indivision ECS v.1 doesn't have the fix, so I changed the ferrite bead under U14 mark with a 10 ohm resistor, but I don't know where I have to solder the 10 micro farad capacitor.. Can you give me an indication, maybe with a pic? Thank you very much.

Gianluca.

• If I remember right, there is an 0805-sized ceramic cap near the 8-pin PLL chip. The traces go directly to the PLL chip, so it's hard to miss where the additional cap should go: In parallel to that cap.

• Yes, C1 and C2 are 10nF and 100nF for high-frequency filtering. Back then, I expected much higher-frequency noise than those Polish power supplies actuylly cause :-)

So just add the 10µF to these two, and everything should be fine.

• Jens, I was able today to retrieve the parcel with the CA-PSU and connected it to my Amiga 600. I have been running for 7 hours the most conflicting game I have with the black horizontal lines problem: The Settlers.

Result: not a single black horizontal line, not a single corruption on the display. So, this really confirms this PSU is something else and the best of the best for taking care of our Amiga.

Thank you for developing this product.

PD: I don't know if my Indivision ECS v1 is the one with the fix or not. If you are interested in knowing if the PSU solves the problem without the fix, let me know how can I tell if it is applied.

• Thanks a lot for the feedback - and spread the word! Another thing you should have noticed is that the amount of heat coming out of the CA-PSU is a lot lower than any other power supply that you might have tried before.

If you want to be sure about the Indivision ECS V1 "patch status", just take a picture from the top (just remove the keyboard and take a picture from the top). I should be able to see if the PLL-patch has been applied.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.