Posts by billybicep

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

So my cable has arrived and it works great on the Philips, the picture quality is fantastic. however the Minimig core doesnt seem to retain the F4 setting on boot to enable the 15khz mode, am i missing something?

OK fair enough, from my own point of view i'd only use the C64 and Amiga cores but i understand this isnt high on the priority list.

Does the Minimig core support RGB?

Hi, apologies if this is a stupid question or one that has already been answered.

I wondered if its possible to connect my TC64 V2 to an old RGB CRT monitor, i have a Philips CM8833 MK2 that i used back in the day on my Amiga and C64, would this work with the right lead/adaptor?

Thanks,

Sorry, my bad, works fine in workbench. I'd totally forgot that not all games supported it, just tried Cannon Fodder and this works fine.

Hi, not sure if i'm doing anything wrong but the latest AGA core doesnt seem to recognize any floppys in df1, i have to swap disks in df0 on multi disk games.

Thats exactly what I get, and the top border is bigger also, if theres any way around this it would be great.

I also have the Benq BL702A, very impressed with it, reasonably priced also.

Hi,

I have been experimenting with various monitors I have to see what gives the best results with the c64 core.

The BenQ I have seems best but i've noticed that the left hand border of the c64 is always larger than the right no matter which monitor i use, is there anything i can do to solve this?

Thanks.

Hi, I have a question regarding the Amiga Core. I have flashed the minimig core to my TC64 V2 and this works, i can load .adf files etc. I am using my TC64 V2 with a docking station, i have 2 questions.

1. Should a PS2 mouse work with the minimig core, i have a PS2 mouse and it doesnt respond, the pointer on workbench jumps all over the place

2. I have plugged in an A500 keyboard, both lights stay lit and there is no response from any keys, i've tried another A500 keyboard and i get the same result.

Are there extra steps i need to take to allow these to work?

Thanks.

ok, I've fixed it. I updated the firmware to the latest release and its now working. I used flasher.exe to update, first time i ran this it said found Turbo Chameleon V1. very strange, the update finished but then the TC just showed a black screen with the LEDS lit. i ran flasher.exe again and it said found turbo chameleon V2, this time it updated and now works.

Hi, I have a TC64 V2 and a V2 docking station. I have connected my TC64 to the docking station and connected a joystick and a C64 keyboard. The joystick works but the C64 keyboard doesnt. I have tried another C64 keyboard and it still doesnt work. The TC64 is running version beta 9h. Do i need to do anything else to enable the C64 keyboard? I have tried several different power supplies, the one i am using will deliver 1000ma.

Thanks,

ok fair enough, at least i know i'm not missing anything! Its easy enough to load the .crt each time i need it, really enjoying the TC, i'm going to have a go at uploading an amiga core soon.

Hi, I have recieved my new TC64 and i am very pleased with it, its an excellent piece of kit.

I have a question regarding cartridge emulation. I have successfully managed to get the Trilogic Expert cartridge emulation working, i can do this by loading up the Expert software whilst the cart is in programming mode and i can also load up a .crt file and it works well. I have to have the buttons set to cartridge and i have to make sure that the left button is pressed so the green light is solid to emulate the Expert in 'ON' mode.

The question i have is can i set this cartridge as my default and make it load on bootup of the TC64? I have saved it as a ROM and named it SLOT3 and set the default slot to slot 3. I have also enalbed boot from SD and i can see it load up the ROM file on startup but the Expert doesnt work. I have to re-load the .crt or re-program.

This method works well with other carts, i have tried action replay and retro replay and they work fine, do i need to do any additional steps to enable my TC64 to boot up with Expert?

thanks,

I am considering buying a TC64 V2 but i have a question.

In standalone mode does it support Expert cartridge emulation?

I would like an FPGA C64 with Expert cartridge emulation, i have an Ultimate64 but that doesn't support the expert, so this bit is vital for me.

Ideally i'd like a solution where on booting into the C64 mode is has Trilogic Expert as its default 'Cartridge'