Posts by torrind

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi All,

When I select F7 - Installer `menu and perform an OS3.1 Auto Install, I have a problem. For any combination of CF Cards installed into either AUX or BOOT, the installer program tells me it cannot find the cards.

Points to note: I'm using freshly formatted cards to FAT32 and these are cards I've previously used in the ACSA500Plus - So I know they have worked previously. The only difference being, I haven't performed an install since I first had the aca500+ and I believe the installer menu is different from what I remember? - Not that this is the issue mind!

Anyway , the point is, I can't get the system to recognise previously working CF cards. Any idea people?

Thanks,

Darren

Thanks both for the advice. I'm using an adapter similar to the one in your pic Captain_zzap (small black powered dongle).

I have tried the various modes suggested to no avail. Interestingly, I notice that whilst I do get a picture of the main menu on the ACA500+ and also the profile screen (F10), every 10-15 seconds, the screen does go blank for a coupe of seconds. Clearly this dongle doesnt work correctly. I'll have to research a 'better unit'.

Thanks again for the help.

Darren

Hi Jens,

I'm trying to consolidate the number of Monitors in use in my office and would like to connect my A500+ with an ECS v2 installed to a modern HDMI equipped monitor.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get the right VGA to HDMI adapter to do this - TBF, they've been cheap but I get no display, or I only get to see the ACA500 plus main menu screen and afterwards when booting to Workbench, a blank screen.

Do you have any suggestions on a compatible unit please?

Kind Regards,

Darren

So now that I have everything working on my system - yay!! I thought I'd re-investigate this previous thread (I'd marked as resolved).

I have successfully attached a fine wire to the inner side of the BOOT LED and attached it to the + side of my Case HDD activity LED. On boot-up, the case LED mirrors the actions of the BOOT LED on the ACA500+ (i.e. it blinks off and on!). However, once the system is booted, the ACA500+ LED goes out, but my case LED stays solid orange - Although not a huge problem, I'm wondering why this is? Do I need any further 'electronics' between the two LEDs?

Darren

I plugged it back in this morning to test your suggestions ad the bl**dy thing started working :-) Must have been a bad connection even though I reseated it a dozen times or so previously.... anyway result!!.

Thank you as always for your prompt responses.

Darren

Hi Team,

After receiving my repaired ACA500Plus and the new Amiga PSU, I've had a wonderfully working system for that last few days. Unfortunately whilst working away this evening, my Amiga froze and the mouse pointer disappeared.

After rebooting a number of times, I'm presented with a blank screen and nothing else.

On removing the cover and having a look around, I've tried the usual reseating of all components with no luck. However, If I remove the ACA1221EC, everything boots perfectly fine. I've tried reseating the accelerator, cleaning all contacts with IPA etc etc but no luck. No matter what I do, it appears my accelerator is dead.

TBH, I'm probably not going to send it back for repair as I've spent so much recently, I cant justify the expense but was wondering if there are any further tests I can do?

Thanks,

Darren

I can't believe its happened to me - but I must have my name added to the resistors of shame. In a fit of absentmindedness, I plugged in my ACA500plus upside down whilst fitting it into my Checkpoint 1500 case.

I notice that others have ordered replacement resistors and 'bridged' the faulty resistor until it arrives. Can someone help point me in the right direction as to which resistor has blown, so I can bridge it and then what the process is to order new resistors please?

*EDIT* I Think I have the older ACA500 Plus with the Smaller DisMo, so I guess I'll need to send it back in for repair :-(

Thanks,

Darren

Success!

Swapping the power supply seems to have done the trick. I'm guessing I need to swap out some or all of the capacitors on the old one?

On a similar subject, I have ordered A Checkmate 1500 case from Stephen. Can your soon-to-be-released PSU be put inside a case like this at all please?

Thanks again Jens!

Thats very interesting Jens Thank you. I do have a spare original PSU for the Amiga but I need to rummage around in my attic for it....

I'll look at this over the weekend and let you know.

Thank you for your prompt responses.

Darren

Hi Jens,

No it doesn't flash. It comes on once then goes out after about a second.

As a further update - Profile #2 now does the same and no longer defaults to user area #3 CPU I have now started using profile #3 to see if the problem continues..

Not a massive issue as I've said, just annoying.

Kind Regards,

Darren

Hi Jens,

FYI: I'm using a standard A500 and standard PSU with an ACA500+

I have a weird issue with Profile #1 (which I've always booted from) - When I launch from this profile, the resulting 'extraction' messages show garbled text and the system hangs. When I look at the profile settings, my saved CPU setting (rom user area #3) has defaulted back to Mainboard rom. If I change back to user rom #3 then all works ok when I press enter - (but if I try to save, the system says no changes made).

To get around this problem, I now boot from profile #2 which is ok.

Its not an earth shattering issue but annoying. Is there anyway to somehow 'reset' profile #1?

This issue only happens from a 'cold' boot. Resulting CtrlAA warm boots don't cause a problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Darren

Hi All,

I am internally mounting my amiga and its accompanying ACA500+ into a case (Checkmate 1500) - Id like to extend a LED activity light from the BOOT CF card to the case. Is there any easy way of doing this please? Does anyone know if there is a specific PIN number on the CF interface I connect a wire to for example?

Kind Regards,

Darren