Posts by ALpha

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Yes, there was no load on the PSU at the time of that photo. I was planning to recap the PSU someday, but I'm now making it a priority. I won't attempt to reinstall the RapidRoad until after the recap is complete. Can you point me in the right direction to begin the return process?

Thanks

Hello.

I baught my RapidRoad last October (just over one year ago). It spent a few months in the box until I found time to install it. Once installed, it worked wonderfully until after a cold reboot. The white LED didn't come back on (I'm using a clear Amiga case, so I can see the light) and it stopped functioning. I turned my A1200 off for a bit and tried again, but the white LED does not come on any more. While checking the connections, I noticed that the RapidRoad board was quite hot, even thought my Amiga had been off for a few minutes. I have decided to remove it for now, but this is unfortunate, as I have become accustomed to using it. As I don't use my Amiga every day, I have probably only used the RapidRoad about a dozen times. I've read a lot about the power supply being related to this issue. I'm using my original DSP-A500 on my A1200. The A1200 was recapped long before installing the RapidRoad, so I doubt the new caps had anything to do with it. Also, I've only used it for transferring files via USB flash drives. Does anyone know what could have caused it to stop working and what needs to be done to remedy this issue?

Thank you