Posts by Joena

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Thx Tobias and Peter for your insights (didn't know that of Jeri ;)).

Last question, I want to get into FPGA. What chip / developers board do you advise to get me started? I have experience in electronics and basic logic gates, combinational logic, encodings and multiplexers. I'm not (yet) familiar with Verilog HDL or VHDL, but I'm eager to learn. My end goal is to simulate a working C64 via a upscaled HDMI output.

Grts, Jeroen

Hi designer(s) and the rest of the community,

I have a question about this product (Chameleon v2)...

A long time ago Jeri Ellsworth was contracted by Tulip to make a portable version of the Commodore 64 (if I'm correct this was a Dutch company who owned the rights of Commodore after there glory days). She (and her team) made a 30 in 1 gaming Joystick based on her C-One design.

The C-One was packed with electronics, but the most important product on the board was the FPGA chip.

After tweaking Jeri and her team 'burned' there final concept in an ASIC chip (ROM) that was featured on the DTV PCB

(https://www.commodore-info.com/foto/computer_c64_dtv2_08.jpg)

My question is the following:

I know that the main purpose of the DTV (joystick) was made to play games and the chameleon can do more then that, but is in essence: Is the FPGA chip used in the Chameleon v2 more or less the same as the early editions of the FPGA chip Jeri used?

I hope to hear from someone, all the best,

With kind regard,

Jeroen Wolf, a 44 year old electronics and retro gaming enthusiast from the Netherlands.