Posts by Zoulz

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hey Jens! I misspoke in the initial post, it's actually 1mb of slow ram and not fast. If that makes a difference. :) I checked sysinfo under boards and it just says no auto config boards found. CPU says 68030 40mhz. Otherwise it's a pretty stock A1200. I have no other kinds of expansions except a IDE compact flash adapter and the 3.1.4 ROMs. The PCB is of Rev. 2B make and the warranty ID is: GT3hY. Thanks for your help! :)

I've removed the mentioned capacitors but as expected it did nothing. The computer still works though (phew). It was a long shot. There is nothing else I can think of that could be wrong. I've not seen anyone else have this problem. Maybe the card is damaged or something? It seems pretty odd to me that the acceleration would work but not the memory expansion. If something was damaged I would probably get a black screen, right?

It's actually 1mb of slow RAM. No fast RAM is available. :( So I have 3mb in total including the chip RAM. I read another thread here (ACA1233n /26 issues.) and wondering if I could be experiencing something similar (need to re-program the CPLD)?

Another possibility is the 2 capacitors E123C and E125C. I have a Rev. 2B board. I guess I will check if I have the capacitors, but i'm not sure I want to start removing capacitors for the off-chance that it helps.

I'm at a loss what else it could be, as the acceleration seems to be working, i'm just missing the RAM.