Posts by angelo.carzis

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.
Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Jens,

I was playing around with the Amiga for a bit. I must have been tired and didn't pay attention.

I know it was my fault so I was willing to pay for the repairs or just buy a new Buddha.

The 22 ohm resistor looks good. I measured the resistance. I'll look for a diode.

Thank-you Jens.

Jens,

My Buddha IDE causes my Amiga 2000 to boot to a yellow screen.

This is with no cards installed, except for the Indivision ECS v2 which I just installed today (works great).

The Buddha had no drive connected to it. I also tried with the DOM. It makes no difference, I get a yellow screen.

I also tried all the card slots. It makes no difference.

Note: I sent you an email a last weekend stating I've been having some erratic issues with my A2000 system and booting. I figured out what may have caused all my issues. I have an IDE to CF card reader that is placed in one of the Amiga's 'brackets'. I plugged in a CF card backwards and broke some of the adapter's pins. The CF adapter is built stupidly to allow for backwards card insertion. I replaced it.

Since that time I was able to re-install WB on a new CF card. But I subsequently had issues booting.

I re-examined the Buddha today since I had to work on the ECS and hence this yellow screen problem.

Any suggestions?

Can I send in the card for analysis if need be?

Thank-you.

Jens,

I have a few spare SATA CDRom drives lying around the house (who needs these nowadays)?

I've downloaded pretty much every Amiga CD Rom that's freely available on the 'Net (Aminet collection, etc ...)

So I figure, let me put one of these CDRom on my Amiga. I happen to have a spare IDE to SATA converter which works fine since I tested it on the Buddha using a SATA SSD.

My situation....

When I plug in the CDRom to one of the IDE 'ports' of the Buddha, the hard drive no longer boots (the insert disk screen appears).

Any ideas as to why this is so? I would give this a try with an IDE cd-rom, but I don't happen to have one.

Can you explain what the boot sequence is. Thank-you.

(I just realized, there are a couple of local surplus computer shops nearby. They pick up a lot of inventory from companies who are disposing of their old computers or individuals that want to toss out their old stuff. One fellow was nice enough to give me a SATA-33 IDE cable for nothing. I guess I can pick up a used IDE cdrom for next to nothing and give it a try).

You might have a fake Lexar card then, as my personal expereience is that Lexar and Sandisk are fully X3T9 compatible. However, expensive brands like this (and also maybe Transcend) are targets for counterfeit products.

Anyway, good to hear that it works.

I wouldn't be surprised. The Lexar CF card was inexpensive and also purchased from Ebay.

Jens,

Here's an update...

I installed the shipping DOM module back into port 1 and tried to install wb on this new 32 gb cf card. It would detect the card but computer would hand on the loading ffs screen. I believe it's a cf card compatibility issue. This is a lexar brand card. I shall try with some other brand, once I have one.

I have no problem installing wb on a 120gb sata ssd using an ide->sata converter. I can live with this. No need for the 32gb CF card.

I'm just curious as to why it's not working. I'm guessing CF card compatibility issues.

Jens,

Here's an update...

I installed the shipping DOM module back into port 1 and tried to install wb on this new 32 gb cf card. It would detect the card but computer would hand on the loading ffs screen. I believe it's a cf card compatibility issue. This is a lexar brand card. I shall try with some other brand, once I have one.

Did you double-check the version number with the version command? It should be V52.101.

If you've had the old Elby software before, you may need to change the device in HDinsttools to "buddhascsi.device" instead of "scsi.device" (I don't remember if this is in the tooltypes or later in the program itself).

Jens,

Version: I verified this. The version is indeed 52.101

HDInstTools: the device is specified by the tooltype. buddhascsi.device is what I am using.

Terrible Fire 534 (68030, 4mb on board zorro 3 ram), ram68k 8mb ram module (on 68000 socket), ZZ9000 rtg

Buddha IDE, purchased approx July of this year.

My current setup is a 4Gb CF card connected via an IDE to CF converter. It works fine.

I'm using Amiga OS 3.1 with a 68030 accelerator.

I want to attach a secondary 32Gb CF card to the same port (2nd connector of IDE cable).

In another thread, Jens mentioned don't use HDToolBox rather use HDInstTools.

Well, when I launch this app, it starts scanning for changes and hangs there.

Any suggestions?