Posts by Ozzyboshi

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Thank you jens but as I have already stated in the first message :

"I tried switching the jumper position on the aca, setting it in safe mode rather than maprom mode but no luck, same exact behaviour."

For know i still keep unpluggin the squirrel at boot and plug again when the workbench screen is fully loaded, in this way works like a charm

Thanks for the response Jens, actually I really dont know where to get some information about the memory map, I looked up the manual that comes with the squirrel but found nothing.

I am sure there something on the start up sequence that breaks when the squirrel is plugged and I will try to find it, maybe I can give you a clue.

In the meantime, is there a way to temprary disable/enable the aca1221ec from software without disconnecting it physically? I hate plugging and unplugging the aca or the pcmcia every time because I am afraid to damage the connector at some point in the future.

Hello,

I recently bought this piece of hardware for A1200

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/surfsquirrel

It is a PCMCIA scsi controller I'd like to use for connecting a scsi cdrom drive to my A1200.

After driver installation I reboot the machine and the boot process is stuck halfway, Black screen, no signs of life.

Interestingly if I boot the amiga 1200 with the ACA1221ec physically disconnected , the boot process succeeds, but even more Interestingly, if I boot the amiga with the aca1221ec connected but the PCMCIA scsi controller disconnected and wait for workbench 3.1 to fully boot and only then re-plug the PCMCIA scsi controller, the cdrom drive is automatically mounted and works flawlessly.

This is very weird because the ACA1221ec states that the accellerator is fully compatibile with PCMCIA devices.

Some friends of mine states that the amiga1200+aca sometime have issues with pcmcia devices but this problem could be fixed via software, without hardware/soldering intervention with some exoteric utilities on aminet for example

http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/CardReset

Another interesting fact is that the PCMCIA scsi installation wizard offers the option to create a boot floppy disk with a pre-made configuration to boot the OS with all I need to use the CD drive.

If I boot from this floppy drive I hear a couple of ticks from the drive, then the amiga reboots and starts to load something else, i can tell that because the loading takes way longer the second time, but at the end I have the same problem I had when i booted from hard drive, boot process stuck, black screen and no signs of life, i only hear the floppy drive ticking.

I tried switching the jumper position on the aca, setting it in safe mode rather than maprom mode but no luck, same exact behaviour.

I'd like to know what is the ICOMP staff opinion on this issue and if they had some similar issues in the past with PCMCIA devices.

Thanks