Posts by markj595

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Well, after reflowing the chips, I'm getting the green screen. I guess I'd start with replacing the chip ram, and then Alice, if it doesn't help.

Chip ram is a good place to start with replacements, further research shows its a strong chance ram could be the culprit. Wishing you the best of luck!

if its heat related it could be a poor joint on "something" "somewhere" on the board, id start re-flowing Alice first as she gets the hottest on a general run and test and just continue chip by chip up the board.

Hello, New forum user, not new to Amiga platform or a new customer to Individual Computers

Never had any issues before with any previous hardware that i couldn't resolve however today I have arrived home to greet my new ACA1233n 26 with some joy, first glances where very nice indeed however when i have turned the card over there is quite a heavy flux residue left on the lower side of the board. Quite a thick flux too,

Just a little disappointing because these products are considered to be high quality, as i said before i have had a lot of hardware on and off over the years and have always held IC in high regard when buying hardware.

So question is if i where to clean this flux off using IPA would i be voiding my warranty? just a little concerned that some may reach a warranty sticker on the other side of the board.
    And how "Active" is that flux used when building the boards, if its a low to no activity flux i could just leave it there it just does not look as pretty is all.

not yet installed it as i have yet to remove the capacitors on my 1200, probably wont get round to doing that until Sunday. But i eagerly await a response :)

-Mark-